Keep on wheelin John Rock
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
York, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer
For February the EF Lottery theme will be "Work Area" . For this month, post media or links, or a written story for the area you have to work on your rig(s). These do not have to be covered work areas, if you have to work outside, then that is your work area.

Ending and drawing date will be on or about March 4th.

Goal: To encourage members of the Explorer Forum to submit a photo and/or vid, or written story in accordance with the theme and award two members with an one year elite membership.

Only one submission to be entered into the drawing per member. Submission can contain multiable pics and or video(s) and/or links to pics/vids.
Members are encouraged to post positive feedback

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have two places I work on my Explorer. The first picture is in the garage, where I prefer to work(especially when it's overly hot, cold, or wet). The second is the other place I work, which typically isn't even in the driveway.
VnLU9K3.jpg

I took this right after I successfully installed my new headlights.
7vj8Q2d.jpg

Here is the other location I work in. Here I changed my first radiator and water pump, boy, that project was a screamer! I also started to change the headlights here, but then it got dark and started to rain so I parked her in the garage to finish that morning. I can't wait to get back out there in the summer to overhaul the sound system!

97 at home 4.jpg

This was my work area when I first got her. This is where I was replacing fuel pump. I now have a 2 car garage and part og garage once done will be my work area for all my vehicles.

I either work on them where they're parked in this photo, or more preferably in the driveway that's right next to them. I did install shocks, a hitch, and did some other work inside at my former workplace, but most of it happens right here.

101_2520.JPG

Bed and Bumper Swap

One of 2 1/2 places these days:

Either in my drive (won't quite fit in the garage, hence the 1/2) or an empty bay at my fire station...

Here I was installing the F250 shock towers...
IMG_20160507_100914998.jpg

Trying to do the RA extension project...
IMG_20160430_150743743.jpg

Not the normal empty bay, but where it was when I replaced the speaker for my siren...have also used the space when I rebuilt my transmission, replaced my slave cylinder, rebuilt and installed the manual t-case and where I'll be soon to replace my clutch...
IMG_20160224_121527745.jpg

Where I work on my Ex.
20180210_163359.jpg

2018 Sport just 1 week old. Have tinted front windows, added clear bra to front, added Weather Tech 1st and 2nd row and cargo mats, lockable gas cap, wheel locks, cargo net and blacked out Ford emblems on grill and rear hatch (gloss black auto wrap).

20180212_001804.jpg

20180212_001944.jpg

The pumpkin still fits in the garage by 1/2" :D
1D7_2933.jpg

The old work place (1 car garage) and the new...........

20140408_133807.jpg

20140207_171609.jpg

20160913_164715.jpg

My driveway, in the middle of the city. Thank god for no HOA's or City Ordinance regarding driveway mechanics!
JE9Fybd.jpg

My shop, located West Central AZ, is 2 miles east of the Colorado River. Desert country. If something not easily bought is needed, or something breaks, likely as not I'll make a new part. Here's my Bridgeport Mill, Wirefeed, and Buzzbox behind it.

bridge10.jpg

Fan spacer being made for my '94 GT 5.0. Got rid of electric fan, have good clutch fan now, bolt spacing on '94+ 5.0 was increased, pilot diam. too, think they make one, but more fun this way!
bridge13.jpg

My old Craftsman lathe, bought 61 years ago! Don't scoff! It turned out all the round parts for the "steam car" in last image.
mizza_11.jpg

Far end of shop, horiz. band saw, oxy-acetylene torches, big blue cherry picker, a brand-new Motorsports 5.0 HO lurking behind the roll-around.
mizza_13.jpg

The "crane" at work, raising 2X8 rafters replacing roof trusses, for headroom for my new lift!
rafter14.jpg

Driving wheel being made for that thing in the last pic
img03710.jpg

Driving wheels assembly.
img04010.jpg

A car, er....no. But built in my shop, 2002-2009. Thanks fer lookin'! imp
1st_ti10.jpg

My original garage was a 2 bay with 8 foot ceilings. The different color roof and the carport I added a few years back. I put the rack in there with a high roof. I got to old to be rolling around on the floor so I added the rack. I work on all my cars and friends cars to help pay for it. I can double park if I need when bad weather is forecast.
IMG_20160727_202317514_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170218_155602853 (1).jpg
IMG_20170829_201501637.jpg

This is where I work when I need shade:
Carport.jpg

And this is where I work when I need space, it might take a while, and/or I want to be closer to my tools.
BackPorch.jpg

Don't have any pics with the truck in them... yet.

Reactions: imp

This is where I work when I need shade:
View attachment 156300
And this is where I work when I need space, it might take a while, and/or I want to be closer to my tools.
Don't have any pics with the truck in them... yet.
@traveler
Mesa? Whew, with summer approaching, it might be nice to have a good, side-draft swamp cooler mounted outside that lattice-work! imp

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

LOL it does get warm. Last summer I installed a couple of electric fans on my transmission cooler while we were staying with my In-laws. He was nice enough to let me use his garage, and man it was HOT in there. Glad I have the shaded ventilated car port. But a big swamp cooler does sound nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back