Firewall hole/grommet on 2006 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Firewall hole/grommet on 2006 Explorer?

mashburn

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
I have a 2006 Exlporer XLT (V8) and need to somehow run a wire directly form the battery to the inside (near console) to power some additional accessories. Does anyone know of an existing grommet that I could use for this purpose, or will I need to drill through the firewall? If I need to drill, what's the best place to do so? Any help is appreciated.

On my EB, there is a gromet just above the drivers kick panel. You can see it on the firewall under the hood. That is where I ran the power wire for my amp. Worked perfect!

Do you have a picture? I found a grommet with some wire running through it, but it's at an odd angle and pretty tight. Any photos would be awesome. Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing about where to drill a hole. I already used the grommet, where the hood release cables goes, for my amp power wire. Now it's too tight to get more wires through. I am installing a strobe kit so I have about 4x 8-10gauge wire that needs to run through so I need quite a big hole and was wondering where and how I should drill a hole. It pretty hard to get a drill under the dash and to be able to drill, and the drill bit doesn't like to stay still, and its about 5degrees outside so I can't feel my hands LOL? Any suggestions?

Back