First Accident | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

First Accident

Today I was driving into work in my girlfriends 2011 Lincoln MKZ we just bought from Carmax 3 weeks ago (still has temp tags!!!!!) and lets just say it didn't go as planned. Just driving in my lane and a woman decided to try to pull into a Tim Hortons and must not have seen me coming. Luckily I am safe and she was ok as well. She was given a ticket for failing to yield and turned out also had a suspended license. Time to deal with insurance companies :thumbdwn:

20140401_075838.jpg

20140401_080650.jpg

20140401_160035.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Darn Ohio drivers! ;) Glad everyone is okay, could have been worse!

wow.. .didn't know you had Timmies down there!! sucks for the crash, hope no serious injuries... and hope it gets sorted out soon

Si

Bunch of Tim Hortons in Columbus Ohio. The more and more I look at it sitting at my shop the more I think they'll end up totaling it which would be terrible. It was in great condition and only had 19522 miles on her. Still no word from the other insurance company so they will be getting a phone call tomorrow to light a fire under their ass and hopefully get the ball rolling. Only thing about it being fixed that slightly worries me is the Hybrid system which could cause big issues down the road if there is anything wrong with it.

it'll never be the same, you should push for a replacement, and of course, compensation for your injuries etc...

Si

The body damage is not that bad.

The bumper rail is not pushed in past the stop, so it's actually minor. Won't even need an alignment.

The accelerometers, shock sensors and air bags are where the money is on this one.

Yeah that actually looks worse than it is. Mostly superficial damage. FN's right, the airbags, sensors and body panels are gonna be the major factor here, not the mechanical.

Hey! the "N" is now were near the "R" on the keyboard; what's really go'n on here?

:D Iv'e been called FN this, and FN that before; but never just "FN":D

My bad. I meant FR.

Figure I'll update you all. Insurance finally got around to doing something and approved $12,520.71 worth of damages. Had to have the hood, radiator, condenser, both headlights, both fog lights, two air bags, seat belt assembly, occupant sensor, and a bunch of other little stuff. Dealership said it would be done Friday (4/25). I stopped in yesterday to see how it was going and they had it all together and looked great. Turns out the dash also needs replaced now though, and its looking like it will be this coming Tuesday now. After looking the part up on Fordparts looks like an additional $1900 + labor.

Well the lady will not be paying small insurance premiums anymore.

WOW. body shops make a killing uh?

Glad everyone is ok but sucks that happened. whats up with ohio traffic? every show with bad/crazy drivers 75% of the show is in Ohio?? is it really as bad as the shows make it look?

Back