Fixing a lowered X's alignment? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixing a lowered X's alignment?

<----feels like poopoo

Sorry I forgot to post a review of the Ingralls adjusters..

I honestly can tell you guys not to waste your money. Not only are they made of cheap metal and prone to stripping the threads off the bolts, but they actually do nothing to help with the alignment. In fact, they make it more difficult. What we did (and by 'we' I mean me and and my expert Ford front-end technician, Bobby) was to remove the eccentrics and use nuts and lock washers to bring the upper control arm out as far in its little oblong frame holes as possible since I have bent frame issues on the driverside. The alignment hasn't been this dead on in years :thumbsup:

Btw, going to 2wd DOES help fix the crazy angles of the tie rod ends, and it completely gets rids of bumpsteer :D

Based on this, I will edit that out of my post

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

<----feels like poopoo

Based on this, I will edit that out of my post

Aww, you tried to help and I really appreciate it :)

On a side note, driving with a bad rack and possibly a steering shaft is like trying to drive in a hurricane. *Definitely not going over 30 mph til I get this fixed!!! :eek: *

I honestly can tell you guys not to waste your money. Not only are they made of cheap metal and prone to stripping the threads off the bolts, but they actually do nothing to help with the alignment. In fact, they make it more difficult. What we did (and by 'we' I mean me and and my expert Ford front-end technician, Bobby) was to remove the eccentrics and use nuts and lock washers to bring the upper control arm out as far in its little oblong frame holes as possible since I have bent frame issues on the driverside. The alignment hasn't been this dead on in years :thumbsup:

Btw, going to 2wd DOES help fix the crazy angles of the tie rod ends, and it completely gets rids of bumpsteer :D

So the cam adjusters are not worth getting? When you say you removed the eccentrics, did you reuse them with better bolts and nuts? I am getting ready to lower my X since the front end is out of alignment and I want to get this done and just make one trip to get the alignment done. I will buy the adjusters just to get the eccentrics if that is what will work. Thanks for the info.

That's weird. I installed the adjusters and it helped me tremendously. When I lowered the first time I wore through my tires in less than two weeks. Put it back up until I could get some extra money for the adjusters. I lowered it again and installed my camber adjusters this time and it fixed my camber almsot completely. Been like 3 onths and not seeing a lot of wear.

Just goes to show you how different one x/mounty is to another, lol.

Yeah strange. I was wearing tires all the time and now I am at Awesome! wear is good and tracks like a champ. Think yours has to do with being bent.
Just my 2 cents...

Has anyone tried these type of camber adjusters?
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_119526_-1

I am going to call Jegs to find out if you reuse your existing bolts with this type of adjuster.

I just got off the phone with the tech from Jegs, he says the adjusters use your existing bolts for installing. Just thought I would share this with everyone. I plan on buying these for mine, I will post the install when I have it done with results.

Back