Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fixing a lowered X's alignment?

Discussion in 'Seriously Lowered Explorer - Ranger Suspension Tec' started by Spas, September 28, 2006.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. oplitic

oplitic Active Member

City, State:
      Deering, NH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      98 Mounty
      That's weird. I installed the adjusters and it helped me tremendously. When I lowered the first time I wore through my tires in less than two weeks. Put it back up until I could get some extra money for the adjusters. I lowered it again and installed my camber adjusters this time and it fixed my camber almsot completely. Been like 3 onths and not seeing a lot of wear.

Just goes to show you how different one x/mounty is to another, lol.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. racinjason68

racinjason68 Active Member

City, State:
      2003 Limited V8 AWD
      '91XLT '92EB4x '96V8 2wd
      Yeah strange. I was wearing tires all the time and now I am at Awesome! wear is good and tracks like a champ. Think yours has to do with being bent.
      Just my 2 cents...

4. NC_Xplorer

NC_Xplorer Active Member

City, State:
      Willow Springs, NC
      2000 Sport 2WD
      Has anyone tried these type of camber adjusters?
      http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_119526_-1

I am going to call Jegs to find out if you reuse your existing bolts with this type of adjuster.

I just got off the phone with the tech from Jegs, he says the adjusters use your existing bolts for installing. Just thought I would share this with everyone. I plan on buying these for mine, I will post the install when I have it done with results.