1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Flashing 4 high & low lights.

Discussion in 'Explorer & Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, &' started by bias76, September 14, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bias76

bias76 New Member

City, State:
      NC
      Year and Model:
      1998 explorer
      I have a 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I recently had my oil changed and when I left the shop, my 4 wheel high and 4 wheel low lights were blinking. They blink 6 times every 10 minutes or so. What can cause this? Is it something the garage did? It never did this before.

Joe

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. phajd

phajd New Member

City, State:
      groveport, ohio
      Year and Model:
      1996xlt
      I don't know, but I have the same problem. If you find an answer before I do, please pass it along to me

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the transmissions & transfer cases section. It sounds like there is a problem with the 4WD system. Check the sticky threads on the top of this section.

5. phajd

phajd New Member

City, State:
      groveport, ohio
      Year and Model:
      1996xlt
      well, I have an update on the flashing lights. It was a relay fuse. I read a thread last week from a user who said he replaced 1(one) FOAB-14B192-AA fuse and two F57B-14B192-AA fuses. The Ford dealer only had one of each fuse in stock, so I bought them. After I replaced the FOAB-14B192-AA. Everything worked as it should. So far no other problems.