Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Flooded 2013 No Crank No Start Wont Shift gears

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by James Back, January 29, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. James Back

James Back New Member

City, State:
      Middletwon OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2013 Explorer XLT
      I have a very odd problem with my 2013 Explorer XLT that i picked up the other day. It is a flood vehicle from Dayton OH. It was driven through a puddle of fresh water, and sucked some water in the engine. The water was just above the door jambs. I am having an odd issue trying to get it to turn over.

When i have the key in the "Run" position, everything works, all of the windows, radio, lights, lcd screens. The only thing that doesn't work are the heated seats (not worried about them right now). When i try to start the car the starter isnt getting any voltage, and the lcd screens in the cluster go blank, but instantly come back up when i turn the key back to "Run". Also, when the key is in the run position the transmission has a buzzing noise (I can stop the noise by unplugging the front plug on the transmission) Also, the gear selector in the car will not allow me to move it out of park, the little button on the shifter you push will not go in at all ( the brake lights are working and the gear indicator light on the dash is working fine).

So far i removed the Body Control module and blew all of the plugs out with air to rid any moisture left, replaced the PCM with a known good one, and jumped the starter with 12v and it turned the engine over fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? I am out of ideas of what to do now. Thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.