and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fog light bracket replacement or fabrication.

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by joeyd71, August 1, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. joeyd71

joeyd71 New Member

City, State:
      Oil City, PA
      Year and Model:
      1997 Explorer XLT
      My fog light brackets are almost all gone. In fact, I am amazed that the lights are even attached. The brackets have just completely rusted away. So with that, I was wondering if anybody has made any custom brackets for their fog lights. Heck, if anybody is looking to sell any, I'd consider it. In case you are wondering, I have the rectangular fog lights since I have the '97 Explorer.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. koda2000

koda2000 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Georgia
      Year and Model:
      2001 Explorer EB 5.0L
      being from the rust-belt you probably won't have much luck in the salvage yard. the brackets for the 97 look rather complicated to fabricate, but I guess it depends on your fab skills. if all else fails, rock auto sells the hole assembly for about $35.00.

TYC Part # 19534701 {#F87Z15200CA, FO2593112} FOG LIGHT; Does not Include Bulb or Socket
      Includes Lens and Housing; Right; XLT Model; Eddie Bauer; Sport; XL Model

* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business days
      $34.79

4. joeyd71

joeyd71 New Member

City, State:
      Oil City, PA
      Year and Model:
      1997 Explorer XLT
      I like to think I am pretty savvy with fabricating, so I might give it a whirl. I mean, what do I have to lose? I just checked out the bracket, and you are right....it does seem rather complex. I forgot to check rock auto. I'll dig a little deeper there.
      Thanks for the response.

5. sport97

sport97 Elite Procrastinator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      connellsville pa
      Year and Model:
      1997 sport SOHC 4.0
      Mine were rusty but still solid when I pulled them off so you prob could find some used... only problem is I had to use a cutting wheel to get mine off so getting them off in a junkyard would be a toughy. Is there any explorers being parted out on craigslist near you?

But if you make your own bracket you could upgrade to some nicer lights, maybe some hella 55w rectangle lights. I was going to go that route but opted to ditch the whole valance for more clearance.