For any Canadians who Pre-ordered between 1 Oct and 31 Dec 2010 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For any Canadians who Pre-ordered between 1 Oct and 31 Dec 2010

Mishtar

Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ok I cleared it up after talking to the Canadian Marketing manager for the last 15 mins on the phone. As a Canadian if you pre-ordered between 1 October 2010 and 31 December 2010 you automatically get a $1000 off for options. This was a one... time offer that can be stacked with any offer that is available at the time that you take delivery, such as the current offer that is valid between 1 Feb 2011 and 31 March 2011 for $1000 off either accessories, Options or I think there was also the option to use the $1000 on the vehicle price.

Thank you once again to Craig(US) and Nicolas(Can) our Marketing Managers for helping clear this up!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So if I oredered dec 30th and got my 1000 for early order and 1000 Costco, I can now also phone my dealer and get the 1000 offer on top of that?
There is no small print on this offer?

I don't think Costco affects anything from what I read. Try googling ford Costco rebate and see what you think. As far as the other one here is the email.

would like to confirm that your Early Order incentive#will be#combinable with the other retail programs in the market at the time you take delivery of your new vehicle.
As discussed, we cannot confirm what the offers will be ahead of time since they are always subject to change in our very competitive environment.
#
Please keep this confirmation in your file but your dealership is also aware of the Early Incentive Program.
#
I truly hope you will enjoy your new vehicle,
#
Yours truly
#
Nick xxxxx | Marketing Plans Manager, SUV/CUV - | Ford Motor Company, Canada

I also just sent Nic an email with your specific question and I will see what he says. I am pretty sure I have a buddy who got the Costco deal plus the monthly incentive when he ordered his Edge.

Ok looks like Costco cannot be combined:/

A customer who ordered a vehicle via a Ford of Canada dealer can only use the retail incentives in force at time of ordering OR time of delivery. In this case, if a customer takes delivery of his ordered vehicle say Today, they can get, today's purchase rate, $1000 accessories but not Costco which ended in on Jan 31st.

On the other end if the customer wants to use the incentives in place at time of ordering and Costco was available at the time, he gets that but not Accessories.

Long way to answer the question... All in all, Costco and the new accessory program that started Feb 1st are not combinable.

I would still try to do it. I googled it and saw some case where people did combine them.....

Ok here is the reason it cannot be combined from Nic and Ford.
It actually makes sense.

"Let me put it that way. There are only two dates that count.

Time of Order: you can chose that and get all and only the incentives in the market at that time (Dec 10th if I remember)
or
Time of Delivery:you can either chose this date and get and all and only the incentives in the market at that time (say Feb 28th)

if you go with the incentives in place at time of ordering you would then get Costco but then you would lose the accessory program.

The only way you could have gotten both would be if both programs were in the market at time of order OR at time of delivery. Unfortunately, there were never in market at the same time.

I hope this helps. "

Let me put it that way. There are only two dates that count.

Time of Order: you can chose that and get all and only the incentives in the market at that time (Dec 10th if I remember)
or
Time of Delivery:you can either chose this date and get and all and only the incentives in the market at that time (say Feb 28th)

if you go with the incentives in place at time of ordering you would then get Costco but then you would lose the accessory program.

The only way you could have gotten both would be if both programs were in the market at time of order OR at time of delivery. Unfortunately, there were never in market at the same time.

I hope this helps.

Back