1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ford Explorer and power folding mirrors

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2017 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by lmeyr8, March 4, 2013.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lmeyr8

lmeyr8 New Member

I'm looking at Explorers and I need power folding mirrors to fit it into our garage. From what I understand, the Limited comes standard with these mirrors but do any other models come with the power folds or is it an "extra option"?
      I'm wondering if I should just get an XLT and have my husband install power fold mirrors. He did that on his F-150......
      I'm assuming power folding mirrors are not a needed option for most people because they never list on the details if they are power folds or not....
      Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. 77rednecktruck

77rednecktruck Active Member

Year and Model:
      2013 Explorer Sport
      my Sport has them. Cannot remember if it was an option or not.

4. R1chard

R1chard Active Member

City, State:
      Upstate NY
      Year and Model:
      2013 Ford Explorer LTD
      Power folding mirrors seem to be only available on the Limited / Sport trims.

5. Bwells430

Bwells430 New Member

City, State:
      North Beach, MD
      Year and Model:
      2013 Explorer Sport
      Standard on sports