ford explorer rough start up then runs fine. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford explorer rough start up then runs fine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey rough starter

replace the o2

well you guys where right on the rings and gaskets on the upper air intake manifold. the rings where cracked and some I picked up played with in my hand and they broke right away. But sense they have been replaced there has not been one problem at all. I turn on the explorer and it stays on. AMAZING!! I still have one stuck o2 sensor that i have to heat up and get out but otherwise this thing is running great!!!!
Thanks for everyones help.

:mad:Could be a clogged injector. Try some injector cleaner. i had the same problem i change intake gasket and o-rings and full tune up all new 3 oxygen senors it was great for week my girlfriend drive no problem she then one day girl night and bang light come back on i said what the #### i have a 4.0 e.f.i sohc v-6 with 5r55e with 3:73posi my girlfriend think cat is clogged i said i so 145,000miles current :mad:

i have a 06' explorer limited 4.6 V8,and i am trying to find out 2 problems, where would i number my cylinders from 1 thru 8 and where would my 0 2 sensors be found at?

new post

You'll get better responses if you start a new thread with a descriptive title in the 2006-2010 Forum.

I'm not familiar with your model but Ford usually has the #1 cylinder on the passenger side and in the front closest to the radiator. Moving aft would be 2 thru 4. #5 is on the driver side at the front and moving aft is 6 thru 8.

For the O2 sensors bank 1 sensor 1 is the pre-cat O2 sensor on the passenger side.

Back