Ford explorer to keep or sell ... | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

..................................Problem too with new cars is you are at the mercy of the Stealership when things go wrong. When they say "Hello sir, how can I help you" they really mean "Sup sucker, how can I get milk you for the most money and get away with it."
I have yet to run into anything like that. All experiences have been positive with the dealers I've dealt with.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

lol...Ottawa.

:D
Actually my Toyota dealer was in Ottawa but not my Ford dealer. It is in a small town about 35 miles outside of the city. I've also dealt with garages, not dealerships, in different cities in Ontario and all experiences were very positive.:) In 55 year of driving I've never felt that I was treated unfairly or had a bad experience..

Peter

hi guys,
just wanted to update, the car has done 2000kms since the rack and pinion repair, everything seems ok for now... loving it :D

hi guys,
My explorer still going strong after the rack and pinion repair... in-between, i have done plenty of stuff to my car due to various creaking noises from the interior.....
1) noise from arm rest and glove compartment ( solved by adding pads between the closing)
2) Front creaking noise... (solved by sound deadening the A pillar and the black strip going across the dashboard near where the lower windshield meets)
3) Roof creaking noise ... (solved by sound deadening various parts of the roof and using soft pads between the magnets of the roof).
4) Door Creaks... (Adjusted the Striker, Greased all the Rubber Moulds and tightening all the bolts of the door panals... most of them were loose for some reason)
5) underneath the front bumper, there is an inlet for air which channels to the transmission, that tray was very loose and made various knocking noises. (Solved by using cable tie)

Most of the noise and creaks are gone except for 2 very annoying ones and i was thinking if anyone has a solution for this?

1) When hitting pot holes, the car has a weird sound and feel to it.... i don't think its the suspension because i have replaced virtually all the parts.... and i am suspecting a worn out engine or transmission mount...
the best way to describe my feel is like having very thin tires with lowering springs on a car and trying to go over a pot hole... the sound doesn't feel natural but sounds like bottoming out... any idea what could it be?

2) when i push the passenger seat down, the springs inside is making a creaking noise... surprisingly on rough road, this creaks alot if i am alone.. and its silent when someone is sitting.. any idea how to open these seats up without destroying them...

Hi all,
i desperately need help with these ticking noises and rattles...
whenever i try to fix these issues, they settle for a few days and then come back again... most of the noise is inside the cabin, they don't seem to be coming from outside due to loose plastic pillars etc...
some noises are

1) a ticking noise from the roof liner.. its coming from behind the drivers seat.. i have filled the liner with foam which helped for a few days but today its back again

2) the passenger seat has rattles when the car is on rough roads... looks as if the seat is loose and is moving but i have checked all the nut bolts atleast 6 times and i have found nothing loose...

3) a rattle as if there is a loose nut or metal piece coming from top passenger dashboard / side view mirror/ door handle area.. this rattle sounds as if it is fairly near and exposed... def. within the car , doesn't sound heavy nor hidden..
i have disassembled the door card and tightened all the nuts and bolts... still this noise remains...

if anyone has any specific place to target to stop these noises, please help me ...
thanks

My 2018 XLT has the same issue regarding the passenger seat. I will let you know the outcome once I drop her back at the dealer

Phil

Hi all,
i desperately need help with these ticking noises and rattles...
whenever i try to fix these issues, they settle for a few days and then come back again... most of the noise is inside the cabin, they don't seem to be coming from outside due to loose plastic pillars etc...
some noises are

1) a ticking noise from the roof liner.. its coming from behind the drivers seat.. i have filled the liner with foam which helped for a few days but today its back again

2) the passenger seat has rattles when the car is on rough roads... looks as if the seat is loose and is moving but i have checked all the nut bolts atleast 6 times and i have found nothing loose...

3) a rattle as if there is a loose nut or metal piece coming from top passenger dashboard / side view mirror/ door handle area.. this rattle sounds as if it is fairly near and exposed... def. within the car , doesn't sound heavy nor hidden..
i have disassembled the door card and tightened all the nuts and bolts... still this noise remains...

if anyone has any specific place to target to stop these noises, please help me ...
thanks
As per your title of this thread, I think you should have sold the Explorer.

Peter

Back