Ford Explorer vs. Mercury Mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer vs. Mercury Mountaineer

My_Little_Pwny

Reaction score
City, State
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer 5.0 V8 XLT
I have a ford explorer i know they are similar but i wanted to know what one you would rather drive or you think is better... let me know!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

oh i forgot to write you have the same b-day as me my b-day is august 20th but i was born in 1980

i have a 1997 mountainer v8 very luxury inside.i had for 3 years now with no proplem expect replace battrie..over 119,000 miles on it...love to get a 02,05,07 mountainer very nice.my mom has a 02 ford explore v6.not strong engine for this model.basic interial..mine is better then my moms ford 02 explore.

Depends on the price and condition. As already stated a base Mounty will Be nicer than a base Explorer, and the glass headlight lenses on the Mounty are a lot nicer than the yellowing plastic houses on the Explorer. More Mounty's have the preferred V8. I'd buy either, if they were rust free, and had the V8.

To me, it's personal preference. I prefer to look of the 2nd gen Explorer better. Never quite got into the Mounty front end myself (looks cross-eyed to me). The Mounty does come with the 5.0 more often than not which is a good thing. A Mounty tends to be spec'd like an Eddie Bauer or Limited Explorer so it really does come down to looks.

Back