Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

In Canada, I was able to get a 10 year, 120,000km ESP Premium plan for $2900 CAD inclusive of factory warranty -- so it expires Aug 2026. The quoted price was ~$3400. The price difference between +2 years and +7 years wasn't very significant (~$800). And I almost didn't do it and had nothing to lose. But Ford's aren't super reliable, and it's a new car, and I get total piece of mind. Also transferable if I sell it. If I trade in or total it, it'll transfer to the replacement car.

I know I don't drive huge miles (12k per year tops). Apparently the dealer mentioned Ford Employee Pricing is super low right now, but I have no way of truly knowing.

Scheduled maintenance on the other hand seemed like a total rip off, so I completely passed on it. I think just a plain 4 year scheduled maintenance was going to cost me around $3k... which is more than double the cost of AudiCare. I have no idea why it's so expensive, even though it includes brake wear-and-tear. Anyone else feel the same way on that? Again, for me... low mileage means I won't need as much service.

Good luck with the ESP.. hopefully you do not have issues with it. 3rd parties have so many requirements and you will be out of pocket for each repair beyond your deductible. They do not cover diagnostic fees.. they do not have to use OEM parts or brand new parts.. all repairs must be approved prior to approval and high cost repairs will require an inspector to come down. 3rd parties are not worth the cost of them.

Also, no such thing as "employee pricing" on warranties OR an ESP that covers brakes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just to be clear, I got the 10 year warranty and not prepaid maintenance. I don't believe there is any deductible, and was led to believe it is as good as the original warranty.

The manager at the Ford where I purchased my used 2016 Ex Limited told me they couldn't get me a 8yr 150k mile PremiumCare ESP. Best he could do was 5yr 60k. He said something restricted him because the Ex had 30k miles on it already, but it was still within the 3yr 36k factory bumper to bumper!?!? The price for his plan was also very high and was comparable to what I researched on a 8yr 150k.

I tried to email Joel Hawley and use the Two Rivers Ford online ESP quote request. I heard nothing back for two days. I've seen the replies in this threat about his spam folder issues.

I called Joel with a phone at 615-889-9215 x349. He got me a 8yr 150k PremiumCare ESP $0 deductible at a price that was on par with all the websites mentioned in this thread. I went with Joel immediately and got the 2yr 0% financing. He was a pleasure to do business with and made me wish I lived in Tennessee so I could have purchased my Ex from Two Rivers.

tl;dr If you want an ESP, best to just call Joel Hawley 615-889-9215 x349

The manager at the Ford where I purchased my used 2016 Ex Limited told me they couldn't get me a 8yr 150k mile PremiumCare ESP. Best he could do was 5yr 60k. He said something restricted him because the Ex had 30k miles on it already, but it was still within the 3yr 36k factory bumper to bumper!?!? The price for his plan was also very high and was comparable to what I researched on a 8yr 150k.

I tried to email Joel Hawley and use the Two Rivers Ford online ESP quote request. I heard nothing back for two days. I've seen the replies in this threat about his spam folder issues.

I called Joel with a phone at 615-889-9215 x349. He got me a 8yr 150k PremiumCare ESP $0 deductible at a price that was on par with all the websites mentioned in this thread. I went with Joel immediately and got the 2yr 0% financing. He was a pleasure to do business with and made me wish I lived in Tennessee so I could have purchased my Ex from Two Rivers.

tl;dr If you want an ESP, best to just call Joel Hawley 615-889-9215 x349

Don't know what that manager was talking about being you were within the bumper to bumper.

Glad to hear you got it through Joel, as I have said, he is a great guy.

Some on here who I have helped get through to him have had replies sent to them from Joel (he sent me screen shots) yet the owners didn't receive it or couldnt find it. He is not one to ignore a customer.

Don't know what that manager was talking about being you were within the bumper to bumper.

Glad to hear you got it through Joel, as I have said, he is a great guy.

Some on here who I have helped get through to him have had replies sent to them from Joel (he sent me screen shots) yet the owners didn't receive it or couldnt find it. He is not one to ignore a customer.
Any chance of him opening an affiliate shop up here?:D

Peter

So to correct some of my earlier posts, I finally read the fine print and I do indeed have a $100 deductible on the elite+ plan. Though if it is repaired at the dealer I purchased it at, the deductible is reduced to $50. There are dozens of exceptions including several things that do not appear to be typical wear and tear item, but then again there are a hundreds of things it covers too.

The total combined repairs cannot exceed the total original price of the car, nor can any individual repair exceed the blackbook wholesale value of the car. I don't really imagining any of that ever happening outside of the car being a total lemon, at which point I might be able to argue lemon laws, whatever they may be here in Canada. Also some odd things about free software updates up to a total of $500. Even the best possible warranty seems a bit restrictive in certain scenarios.

Still think I made the right call getting a 10 year 120k warranty for $3900 (saved $500).

So to correct some of my earlier posts, I finally read the fine print and I do indeed have a $100 deductible on the elite+ plan. Though if it is repaired at the dealer I purchased it at, the deductible is reduced to $50. There are dozens of exceptions including several things that do not appear to be typical wear and tear item, but then again there are a hundreds of things it covers too.

The total combined repairs cannot exceed the total original price of the car, nor can any individual repair exceed the blackbook wholesale value of the car. I don't really imagining any of that ever happening outside of the car being a total lemon, at which point I might be able to argue lemon laws, whatever they may be here in Canada. Also some odd things about free software updates up to a total of $500. Even the best possible warranty seems a bit restrictive in certain scenarios.

Still think I made the right call getting a 10 year 120k warranty for $3900 (saved $500).

$3900 for peace of mind on a $50K vehicle is a drop in the bucket and I will pay that price without hesitation also.

That's the problem with most 3rd party. Hopefully you won't have issues with them paying for any claim. Also remember you need to keep ALL your maintenance records because if they request them and you can't provide them, they will not pay.

I had a 3rd party for our Audi and for the most part didn't have issues with them paying and they paid quite a bit with all the BS electrical issues they are known for. Always loved the moonroof closing randomly on the highway....

But what passed me off was when they approved a radiator replacement and they wanted to put in a Chinese made one to save $42 over the German OEM one. I opted to pay the $42 to put in OEM.

It is that type of crap I do not want to deal with nor the "inspectors' etc etc.

Best of luck though with it. It sucks how much of a price difference there is.

Yesterday I paid $3915 +HST for ESP PC Plus 7 years/150000km + 3 free oil changes.

Yesterday I paid $3915 +HST for ESP PC Plus 7 years/150000km + 3 free oil changes.
Do you mind sharing which dealership you bought that ESP from?

Meadowvale Ford in Mississauga, Ontario.

He started at $5k and went down to $3915 + 3 free oil changes.

This one in Barrie has been on the Internet for many years. Not sure how prices compare but I do know they are limited to selling to Ontario customers only. http://fordesp.ca/

Peter

This one in Barrie has been on the Internet for many years. Not sure how prices compare but I do know they are limited to selling to Ontario customers only. http://fordesp.ca/

Peter

Prices across several ON dealerships has been relatively simimlar +/- a few hundred.
I'm thinking of using a relative's address and buing from US :)

I usually go on the internet and do a search for Ford ESP plans. You get a couple regulars. I check there prices and print them. I then take them to my local dealer and tell them this is what I can get it for. They have matched it every time.

Just an fyi.. anyone looking to get ahold of Joel, they have a new phone system now so their extensions changed. It is now x1007

Hi all,
New member/new owner of a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with 202a, xlt tech, and 2nd row bucket seats options. Paid $34900 after $2000 rebate and $500 graduate credit before TTL (if you guys collect those data points here).

Coming from a 2014 Rav4 EV at end of lease and we just added a third car seat to the collection so we needed something bigger and the Explorer seemed to best fit our needs at the right price point.

With that being said, I am interested in a Ford Extended warranty and see a couple of different options listed here on the boards but some seem to be a bit outdated. Who currently offers the best pricing on this?

Second question relates to the interior lighting. 2 of my kids sit in the 3rd row and inevitably end up turning on the light for one reason or another and forget to turn it off. If go back after realizing they left the light on and have any of the doors open and try to click it off, it won't actually turn off. I have to climb back there, close all the doors and turn it off. I assume there has got to be a better way of doing this.

I'm pretty sure if you click it off, then get out and shut the doors, it'll be off. It stays lit when the doors are open, because they are all lit.

Hi all,
New member/new owner of a 2017 Ford Explorer XLT with 202a, xlt tech, and 2nd row bucket seats options. Paid $34900 after $2000 rebate and $500 graduate credit before TTL (if you guys collect those data points here).

Coming from a 2014 Rav4 EV at end of lease and we just added a third car seat to the collection so we needed something bigger and the Explorer seemed to best fit our needs at the right price point.

With that being said, I am interested in a Ford Extended warranty and see a couple of different options listed here on the boards but some seem to be a bit outdated. Who currently offers the best pricing on this?

Second question relates to the interior lighting. 2 of my kids sit in the 3rd row and inevitably end up turning on the light for one reason or another and forget to turn it off. If go back after realizing they left the light on and have any of the doors open and try to click it off, it won't actually turn off. I have to climb back there, close all the doors and turn it off. I assume there has got to be a better way of doing this.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As per the warranty question see; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ded-service-plans.323161/page-14#post-3496413 and the follow-up posts.
Any interior lights, if left on, will be turned off by the battery saver program after 10 minutes. I believe it is an LED (you can check the Manual) so it shouldn't use too much current. Not sure of a better way of turning it off.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm pretty sure if you click it off, then get out and shut the doors, it'll be off. It stays lit when the doors are open, because they are all lit.

My contact is still one of the cheapest at $100 over cost and does not charge you to finance it at 0%. I would hope you would agree that $100 profit is fair.. search through here for Joel's info. 100% straight shooter.

Back