Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Well my dealer matched Joel's price today, and no tax..... So I will just get the esp through my dealer..... Thanks for all the information.........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well my dealer matched Joel's price today, and no tax..... So I will just get the esp through my dealer..... Thanks for all the information.........

Dfred, my dealer gave me some pretty competitive pricing on ESP plans but the plans were not specifically from Ford. The plans they offered were advertised as "Ford plans" but were actually from 3rd parties. I've not seen any Ford dealer match Joel's prices if comparing apples-to-apples, such that all the detailed terms of each plan were the same, although your dealer could be unique.

Nothing yet - if you can give a gentle nudge its appreciated....

Dfred, my dealer gave me some pretty competitive pricing on ESP plans but the plans were not specifically from Ford. The plans they offered were advertised as "Ford plans" but were actually from 3rd parties. I've not seen any Ford dealer match Joel's prices if comparing apples-to-apples, such that all the detailed terms of each plan were the same, although your dealer could be unique.

My dealers plan is A ford ESP premium plan....... I compared the two and they are exactly alike...... My dealer is one I have been dealing with for a long time, and have bought 5 different cars from then in 7 years....... So they treat me pretty good.....

My dealers plan is A ford ESP premium plan....... I compared the two and they are exactly alike...... My dealer is one I have been dealing with for a long time, and have bought 5 different cars from then in 7 years....... So they treat me pretty good.....

Except you had to get a quote from Joel first to bring to your dealer so they could match it... instead of them giving you a great price upfront.

Just saying...

Nothing yet - if you can give a gentle nudge its appreciated....

PM me your VIN and first name. Probably in his spam folder.

I'll shoot him a quick email.

PM sent

Hi. About to purchase a new 2017 Explorer XLT in Florida and would appreciate current information on where to find the best online deals on a genuine for premium extended service plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I keep hitting roadblocks online due to either being in Florida or maybe just outdated websites I learned about earlier in this thread.

Hi. About to purchase a new 2017 Explorer XLT in Florida and with my current information on where to find the best online deals on a genuine for premium extended service plan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Being in Florida, you are stuck paying MSRP (Florida law). I just had someone buy one through my contact in TN today and although he had to pay MSRP being a FL resident, he saved $400 in taxes by buying through him.

Being in Florida, you are stuck paying MSRP (Florida law). I just had someone buy one through my contact in TN today and although he had to pay MSRP being a FL resident, he saved $400 in taxes by buying through him.

What kind of crazy law is this? I HAVE to pay MSRP on ESPs even if purchasing online out of state? So I have no other / betteroptions for better deals on genuine Ford ESPs other than to save on sales tax?!?

What kind of crazy law is this? I HAVE to pay MSRP on ESPs even if purchasing online out of state? So I have no other / betteroptions for better deals on genuine Ford ESPs other than to save on sales tax?!?

Yup, that is FL for you. If a dealer gives you a discount, Ford will charge the dealer back the difference due to the law. No way around it unless you have a 2nd home outside of FL.

One of the guys on the diesel site I mod just went through my guy yesterday and bought one from Fl. The same warranty that I paid $2,300 (no tax in my state) for on the same vehicle was $3,8xx before tax because of that stupid law but he saved $400 in taxes by buying through him.

Yup, that is FL for you. If a dealer gives you a discount, Ford will charge the dealer back the difference due to the law. No way around it unless you have a 2nd home outside of FL.

One of the guys on the diesel site I mod just went through my guy yesterday and bought one from Fl. The same warranty that I paid $2,300 (no tax in my state) for on the same vehicle was $3,8xx before tax because of that stupid law but he saved $400 in taxes by buying through him.

Hi Blwnsmoke,

I sent you a pm. I'd like to try your source for an ESP. Any way you can share that contact with me?

In Canada, I was able to get a 10 year, 120,000km ESP Premium plan for $2900 CAD inclusive of factory warranty -- so it expires Aug 2026. The quoted price was ~$3400. The price difference between +2 years and +7 years wasn't very significant (~$800). And I almost didn't do it and had nothing to lose. But Ford's aren't super reliable, and it's a new car, and I get total piece of mind. Also transferable if I sell it. If I trade in or total it, it'll transfer to the replacement car.

I know I don't drive huge miles (12k per year tops). Apparently the dealer mentioned Ford Employee Pricing is super low right now, but I have no way of truly knowing.

Scheduled maintenance on the other hand seemed like a total rip off, so I completely passed on it. I think just a plain 4 year scheduled maintenance was going to cost me around $3k... which is more than double the cost of AudiCare. I have no idea why it's so expensive, even though it includes brake wear-and-tear. Anyone else feel the same way on that? Again, for me... low mileage means I won't need as much service.

Thanks for info kmarnes. Is there Ford employee pricing on esp's as well ?
I have a 2017 coming and was debating getting esp now or later but not sure if dealer is being straight up with me on costs

Thanks for info kmarnes. Is there Ford employee pricing on esp's as well ?
I have a 2017 coming and was debating getting esp now or later but not sure if dealer is being straight up with me on costs

I was quoted $5200+taxes for the premium care 8yr/200,000km.

Premium care was literally double of Audicare. Very perplexing. They tried to math me with repair scenarios, but failed. Was going to be about $4000 for 5 years, even though it included brakes. Passed on it and never looked back.

Premium care was literally double of Audicare. Very perplexing. They tried to math me with repair scenarios, but failed. Was going to be about $4000 for 5 years, even though it included brakes. Passed on it and never looked back.
Wow. Not sure how much the cost has gone up but I paid $1175 + tax for a 48 month PremiumCare ESP for my 2011 from the dealer.

Peter

Wow. Not sure how much the cost has gone up but I paid $1175 + tax for a 48 month PremiumCare ESP for my 2011 from the dealer.

Peter

The one you got is much cheaper because you are only covering 12 additional months. It is when you hit the 72 and 84 month terms that the price jumps considerably.

The one you got is much cheaper because you are only covering 12 additional months. It is when you hit the 72 and 84 month terms that the price jumps considerably.
I just find that approx. $3000 for an additional 2 years is a little much. Even in my book. I'll have to discuss the cost with the dealer's finance guy when I go in at the end of October for service and wheel changeover. Looking for a new lease in March but it will likely be for 48 months. Can't wait to see how much the ESP will have gone up.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just find that approx. $3000 for an additional 2 years is a little much. Even in my book. I'll have to discuss the cost with the dealer's finance guy when I go in at the end of October for service and wheel changeover. Looking for a new lease in March but it will likely be for 48 months. Can't wait to see how much the ESP will have gone up.

Peter

Although you can't compare US and Canada pricing, here are a few examples all premium with $100 deductible

36m/48k = $635
48m/48k = $660
60m/60k = $765
60m/75k = $960
60m/100k = $1,250
72m/100k = $1,350
72m/125k = $1,720

So I agree, 5 years seems crazy if it was a 5 year quote for almost $4,000. But you can see how a 48m/48k almost triples in price for a 72m/125k. But still, 6yr/125k for $1,720 is not bad IMO which is exactly the one I purchased on my 2011.

Back