• Register Today It's free!

Ford IDS

Donald S

Reaction score
City, State
Fortlauderdale, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Sport
I had purchased the Ford IDS/VCM about two years ago. I had some medical issues and could not really start to us it until last month. The program is unbelievable with regards to what you can do. I purchased the IDS because I am a ford owner and most likely be until the end. The manual that comes with the IDS does not even scratch the surface on how to use the program or show you its capabilities. Can anybody tell me if there is a more detailed training manual/CD other than the 24 page instruction book that comes with the IDS or the one that you access on motorcraft.com.

Thank you inadvance for your help...
Don S........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It'd be cool if you could explain what an "IDS/VCM" is ;) -- for the aimless noobs like me.

IDS is Fords latest diagnostic tool. VCM=vehicle communication module, this connects the IDS to the vehicle for communication between the two.

This is the condensed definition, of course.

IDS=integrated diagnostic system (I had to look it up to remember what IDS was abbreviated from!) In tech circles it is just know as IDS.

there are like 3 online classes web based training in the ford website. I think you can purchase these classes from motorcraft.com but I am not sure, web based classes you would want are 30g11wo, ok looked back and that is the only class specificly for ids.

Back