Ford Moves to B&O Play for Premium Audio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Moves to B&O Play for Premium Audio

Sgt1411

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
VanBC/GoodyearAZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Callsign
PRINCE51

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've not been impressed by the Sony system in my Limited, though for some reason Ford decided to exclude the 500W Clear Phase system (or whatever the trademark was) from my option list despite the Sport and Platinum having such option. That being said, any problems I've had in my past vehicles has more to do with the cheap paper cones that Ford calls speakers rather than the brand itself.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to the upgrade... if I buy another Ford, that is.

I have the Sony 500W system in my Plat. The best sounding car audio system I have ever had, hands down. It Rocks!

Yes I would have to say the Clear Phase 500W system is a significant upgrade from the previous generation of Explorer stereo systems.

Even Sirius sounds better.

Im not sure if it matches the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon 700W upgraded system in the new Jeep Grand Cherokee's but they are comparable.

I have the B&O system in my wife's 2015 Q5 SLine. While nice, I do have to agree with BlueJeans. My Platinums Sony system is hands down the best system I've ever heard. And I'm a real audiophile having spent tens of thousands on home audio equipment and full blown Alpine and Boston Accoustics high end car audio systems in the late 90s to 2000s before in dash Navs became common. Will be a shame if they downgrade. This Sony system kills it!!

Back