Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by blwnsmoke, October 13, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. fireftr

fireftr Active Member

City, State:
      strongsville,ohio
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '05 Limited 4.6
      Millions of other SUV’s have exhaust tips in the same location as the Explorers’.
      The smell (plus CO) is coming from under the hood, and being sucked into the interior through the ventilation system.
      Ford is dancing around, not telling the real truth about the source!
      PEOPLE- these are newer cars with stainless steel exhaust systems! I still have the original, no-rust system on my ‘05 with 180k on it!
      I suspect the real problem is cracked exhaust manifolds, which are not cheap, nor easy to replace....just another manufacturer taking the easy way out!

Last edited by a moderator: January 24, 2018
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      Although not all but an increasing number have had the 'smell' disappear by the current 'fix' of sealing the back end. I also don't see offering to fix 1.4 million vehicles as just "dancing around". Some exhaust may indeed be coming from the engine bay due to an issue there, I suspect that number is very small. I haven't had the issue in either of my Explorers and haven't found anyone around here yet that has.

Peter

4. bigtexan99

bigtexan99 Member

2016 Explorer Sport
      Got my Sport back 2 days ago after the CO concerns fix was completed. Have done multiple hard acceleration runs that previously caused the rotten egg / sulfur smell. Pleased to report that I have not had the smell since the fix was completed.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Kyle_ICPC

Kyle_ICPC New Member

City, State:
      Toronto Ontario
      2013 Ford explorer