Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford remote access iPhone app - lock / unlock stopped working.

Well isn't tomorrow the iOS 11 release? Still no update to the remote access app that i have seen...?

Just did a bunch of updates and have been running iOS 11 Beta for months, nothing so far......I love paying for a feature I cant use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got a response from Spindance that never got emailed... per the message sent in the portal:

We are in the final steps with Ford and approval with the App Store. We anticipate the upgraded app to be available prior to the public production release of iOS 11. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, have a great day!

Well they better hurry up. LOL

EPIC FAILURE. Ford and Spindance the official release of iOS 11 is out and your APP is USELESS. Sure one can go onto the website from the phone but what a hassle. This is exactly why when I inquired in May if they had any intention of updating the APP and received no response, I let me subscription lapse in June. There was no way in hell I was going to pay for a year of service for something that had the possibility of being dead in 5 months.

Ford needs to hire a few dedicated/experienced end users to act as full time contacts between the customer and actual IVT with the hope of making their products better and more timely. GET MOVING!!!

I renewed the spin dance app in August... AFTER I MADE THE DEALER CALL THEM. I was assured it would be ready to go with the update by the time the iOS was updated. Well guess what.... pissed I am. I will be at my dealers first think in the morning, although it’s not their fault it’s my only recourse at this point because they are the only one that cam contact them.

Another Ford IVT team mistep........maybe My Ford Touch version 3 will be the next release .......LOL!

I'm actually embarrassed for Ford because I know a lot of good people at Ford that are very frustrated with IVT team.

I just received this email

We understand the inconvenience caused by the Ford Remote Access inaccessibility due to iOS11 no longer supporting 32-bit apps. Our teams have upgraded the current app to ensure that all of the functionality works as expected. The update has been completed, tested, and is in process of final approval for launch in the App Store.

We will continue to update you through this ticket on the progress of releasing to the App Store. The Ford, Voxx and SpinDance teams are working closely together to ensure you have a fully functional app that meets the needs and expectations of our valued Ford Remote Access customers.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience.

I normally don't publicly rip on Ford but sorry for this inconvenience, lol. SERIOUSLY. You knew for months on end that this was coming. Its called planning, not procrastination. Maybe one of their people will sneak on here and read this. Those that have paid should receive the service for free (refunded) so FORD/SPINDANCE can be inconvenienced.

The ford remote access app is no longer available in the App Store........WTF......

The ford remote access app is no longer available in the App Store........WTF......

Now that's support!......unless they are doing that before an all new App is released.....

OMG the new APP is out, 2 days late. I was expecting some upgrades like maybe GPS or something....looks exactly the same unless I am missing something.

OMG the new APP is out, 2 days late. I was expecting some upgrades like maybe GPS or something....looks exactly the same unless I am missing something.

No your right its the exact same.

I was hoping for maybe a slight GUI update as well, maybe throw us a little feature or something so we get 1/10 of what On* gives their customers for free....but nope

Thanks IVT!

Man, all that time wasted for the exact same app and not so much as a UI improvement.

Weak.

Today my Remote Start App continues to respond with "No Communication with Server"

Anyone else seeing this today?

Just tried mine... no issues.

Use mine at least once everyday in the morning. No issues....

-mick

My app is functioning ok!! No outages.. Only issues I have had is a "communications error" I attributed it to bad cell coverage.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back