found out something interesting | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

found out something interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Doug
I heard that's what all the cool kids are doing! who cares if your lower control arm becomes brittle and slaps after that process at least we'll look cool!! :D :p

Alright Doug, that'll be about enough out of you. I'm just trying to brainstorm in order to figure out how the shop did it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They did it easily.........................by not doing it at all.:p

Not to mention the fact having you're tires stick out like that would give that cool, wide stance that EVERYONE is looking for... now just slap some wheel spacers on the back and you're golden.. Dont forget the 100 spoke gold rims!!

I don't think anybody is going for that look Doug. I know you yearn to be a sport truck guy, considering your always in this forum, but please, try to control yourself.

Easy Hartman.. Just think about what this guy proposed and the pics Section posted. What this guy is suggesting and the other ideas really don't work. Ok, say you can make it work by flattening out the lower control arms then you're tires are going to be sticking way out of the wheel wells? what's that going to do for you? you could run rims with some serious backspacing but even then I don't know if i'd trust it. You have to know what you're doing when you heat up metal like that, you can stress and if you do it wrong it's going to be become brittle and break. I dunno about you, but the thought of my lower control arm breaking isnt very much appealing to me. It seems the amount of work that will be required to make this work it much beyond what the starter of this thread claims to have done. And a lack of response and proof on his part makes me doubt any of this is true. but hey if you wanna argue and bicker some more come on into the chat room and we can have fun. :p Oh yeah, i'll do my best to stay out of the street forums.. we all know i'm a closet ricer and I'm ALWAYS posting in here.. :rolleyes:

Doug, I am not an idiot, I know if you heat things up they could break. Obviously, this certain shop is pulling it off somehow. I AM interested in it, but I know that there is a chance that it isn't safe. The fact of the matter is, someone has pulled it off and I want the details.

Doug and Derek arguing in the chat room..............now, there is a battle of wits with two un-armed people.

:p :D

edit: btw, that was just a joke. I kinda like this thread, even if it is BS. It is at least getting people talking about new ways of doing stuff. I am sure the first person who thought of doing a SAS on an X caught a little slack for being nuts!:D

Battle of the wits? come on robb you give me to much credit... it's be more like the battle of the witless.... I'm just tryin to have a little fun but aparently i'm making some people cry. :D

Why are we getting mad at each other? Shouldn't we be getting mad at andrew for NOT GIVING US PICTURES!??!?!?!?!

For reals on the pictures! The only reason i'm not doubting him is because i had a guy in a 95 Limited come by the shop and his truck was SLAMMED!! It had to be about 4 inches. And he said he got it done in Florida about 2 years ago, and the only thing he knew about the set up, was that it had something to do with the way they set up the suspension for air bags....and the ride was nice too! I wish i would have seen this thread before the guy showed up....i would have took pics........*ahem*hint*ahem*

Alright, when all this started I asked the guy to give me some more info about the shop because we are both in Miami area. He said it was Prestones Car and Truck Accesories Here in south florida. Gave me some vague directions, "off of copans rd near The Restaurant Depot". So I've been looking everywhere. I asked a friend where copans rd is, he said boca raton. So any of you guys living in boca, have you seen a Prestones near "The Restaurant Depot". That's where this supposedly happened. He claims to live further south, about an hour two hours away from the shop he did it. Hope you guys up in boca can get some more info.

Originally posted by etc
Hope you guys up in boca can get some more info.

Saleen and X-box! :D Saleen, Dom, where are you guys? :cool:

hehe i'll go for a ride with ya guys if you go. Roll in deep with like 5 trucks, break down the door and be like "HEY, WHO HERE FLIPS SPINDLES ON EXPLORERS?!?!?"

hahaha... and right after yelling at them all 5 of you sign up.... =P

hey wuts up everyone?

sorry i havent been around ive been actually goin threw alot of stuff with the coast gaurd because im leaving in like a month or so. that is actually how they did it was they extended the upper controll arm so it doesnt have so much camber. sorry i havent had time to take pictures because ive been really buisy because im becoming a mechanic in the coast gaurd. and no prestons is not in boca raton its actually right in pompano beach area near lighthouse point but on the west side of 95. if u guys wanna go over there and talk to them about doing it they can do it because they did it to my truck and it looks sweet and it rides nice. and no the wheels dont stick out like a ####in rc car and no im not a lil wanna be thug eather that rides on daytons. its actually has 20 inch kmc stelths or how ever u spell the name and there nice rims. ill try to get on as much as possible but i cant promise anything because im goin threw alot of stuff right now with the coast gaurd peace.

I don't see how it's possible that the rims don't stick way out if they extended the upper control arm.

If they just extended the upper control arms, all you had to do is flip the torsion bar keys and you get around 5 inches of drop. It would be pointless to flip the spindles.

The point of the flip is to maintain stock ride quality. with the torsion key flip you still have mess around with taking out the torsion bar adjuster bolt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its really not that hard to flip the keys. I've done it numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back