• Register Today It's free!

Frame rail covers

Corycarlo

Reaction score
City, State
Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer XLT
I've been looking everywhere. Read some post, but still can't find where to buy frame rail covers/hiders for a 2006 explorer. I'm not interested in the running boards/side steps either. Just the frame rail covers. Someone help before I go bald please.hahaha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck finding them. They were discontinued, and even in junk yards they're hard to find. I can't find the part number either. Very hard piece to come by, I've almost stopped people that I've seen just to ask if I could buy theirs. LOL

I was kinda afraid that was what's going on. First dibs if anybody has some they want me to take off their hands!! They hide the exposed frame so well they should have been on all Explorer from the factory. I'm use to a Chevy Avalanche that had the frame tucked up, body down, from the factory. You would have to look under the Avalanche to see the frame.

Here's the Ford part #: 6L2Z-7810176-AA. There was a listing on eBay for a while, but it's ended. Here's a link to that listing with pictures: NEW GENUINE OEM Ford Rocker Panel Moulding Guard 2006 Explorer.

If you run that part # through Google Shopping, it comes up with a few places that are offering it for sale.

I'd love to get some rock rails

Do you have any pictures of this installed?

Back