From stock to now... more to come | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

From stock to now... more to come

Mine could definitely use that. How much did it cost you?

Flush with new filter cost me 139.95

I did it myself on my last vehicle. I never want to do it again. lol, So I paid someone to do it. They showed me the trans fluid after. :eek: It looked like a old oil change! And the filter was rock solid. I bought the rig at 55k and I'm sure it was the first time It had been serviced. I know this because the spark plugs were original as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

coffin muffler came in today. as well as my spark plug wires.

wires will go on this weekend. If I can get an appointment at the 4x4 shop, I get the exhaust done. and post a sound clip and pics.

after lots of thought... no body lift..... just going with the spacers and a little bit of trimming. for those who have the 1 inch wheel spacers... did you have to trim the stock lugs so that they did not rub on the wheel?

Let me know if you find anyone who can provide a blower for a '10 4.0L.
I've found them for the Ranger, but not sure they will fit.
Love my XLT, but hate the lack of power, and it gets about the same mileage as my '03 4.6L did, just with a lot less torque.

PIC of the antenna I bought off e-bay. I actually like it. Its much cleaner than the stock one. and gets great reception as well.

20120721_150546.jpg

Coffin muffler installed. 2.5" to muffler then 3" dump before the axle. I will get a sound clip soon.

20120721_112734.jpg

20120721_112740.jpg

its dirty right now.... quick pics as it was in the air and as i was walking in the house today. But thank you none the less..

bought these last night.... 1.5" spacers. paid 116.99 which is about normal. I wasn't sure.... I was back an forth about 1" or 2". I didn't want to have to trim a ton. But I knew I wanted more than an extra inch of tire sticking out. so 1.5" it is.

spacers.jpg

just a little FYI from being a HAM and learning allot about antennas.

That little antenna may look cool and nice but trust me it will not get nearly as good reception as a full size one. its allot about the wavelength and weather or not how well that antenna matches them or not. Yours may work great in the town/city your in because the stations are either close by or are high power.

But for people that live more out in the country and stuff they will have problems with the distend stations.

But on another note, Looking good and love that muffler, id just be worried about being in traffic and no wide and exhaust fumes getting inside the truck.

True about the exhaust fumes.... The muffler shop fought me tooth and nail about it. I can always change it later it that becomes an issue.

As for the antenna. I agree with you. We live on the east side of Seattle. So, I'm not worried about running out of stations.

Nice explorer first of all. why a coffin muffler? (just curious) and could you give us a update on how the fumes are being dumped before the rear axle I was thinking of doing that when i get my exhaust but was also worried about the fumes coming in while you are stooped or parked and idling.

so, after 1 week of driving. of course I am in Seattle, so my windows are up majority of the time. I don't smell fumes.

Of course you can fight that and say you may not until its too late.... But believe me, If if was going to bother me it would have bothered me already. I am in traffic for over 2 hrs a day. No complaints from me.

As for why I chose the coffin muffler????? Its something new and exciting. I have always ran the big names. same ol same ol. I like the sound. Not quite sure about performance gain yet.

Post spacer pics...

here you guys go... I love the difference. It looks so much tougher in my opinion. Perfect stance for me.

20120728_110819.jpg

20120728_110845.jpg

20120728_110921.jpg

20120728_132812.jpg

What is the sound like? Does it compare to any other muffler you have had? obviously sitting 2 hours total in traffic and being your not dead from exhaust fumes your explorer is sealed up pretty good im just wondering about my 94 if it is sealed as good.

honestly couldn't tell ya on that particular model. lol

sounds like a v8. I love the sound. obviously not a big v8. but a def. does not sound like a v6! I get a lot of complements on it. I will get a sound clip sometime soon for everyone.

Yes post some sound clips! Been wanting to get this muffler for a while now.

BTW, when I got my 40 series I was planning on having a dump right after the muffler like you did, but didn't want to risk the chance of fumes coming in. But I guess you say yours is fine?

Ill get you guys a sound clip this weekend.

I actually got this muffler because I spoke to the customer service at thecoffinmuffler.com (which is one of the people who actually build them) and they told me it has little to no drone.

I will attest to that.

magnaflow on my old v6 chrysler 300 major drone.

flowmaster on my old 4.0l cherokee little drone.

coffin on my 4.0l explorer no drone! I went to a mustang car show the other day. And some guy asked me in the parking lot if I put larger cams in the ex. lmao!:D

I have a baby on the way... and I would not put "it" (dont know the sex yet) in danger. I can honestly say I have smelt no fumes from my exhaust.

Being you got a baby on the way I would run at least a side exit before the tire since babies are more susceptible to everything especially when they are newborns a rear exit would be just extra security.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ill get you guys a sound clip this weekend.

flowmaster on my old 4.0l cherokee little drone.

How do you like the Explorer compared to your old cherokee?

Back