1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Front air vents are not working. Defrost only works.

Discussion in 'Explorer, Ranger, A/C & Heater systems HVAC' started by Tberry, November 4, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Tberry

Tberry New Member

City, State:
      Horn Lake, MS
      Year and Model:
      2000 XLT
      So I crank up my 2000 Expo this morning and turn the defrost on to allow my front windshield to defrost. I tried to change the air flow by selecting any of the other air flows....nothing happen the air continued to only blow out of the defrost and the rear vents......I've heard it could be vacuum hoses, I don't believe its my blower motor since the heat still blows through the defrost and rear vents.....I had to go to work so first I will try the fuses but I doubt it will be that easy

Please give your personal experience or trials with this issue.

Thanks EXPLORERFORUM!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year and Model:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars