• Register Today It's free!

Front end conversion

Jpatton08

Reaction score
City, State
Crossville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
Has anyone seen a 4th gen mountaineer converted to explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not, but what's weird is that I was thinking the same exact thing the other day...for some reason.

Shouldn't be that difficult if you have the complete front clip from the Explorer.
I would probably keep the side repeaters on the fenders just to mess people up more.

I've been wanting to do a conversion so I can get rid of these headlights. I absolutely hate them. Would have to swap hood and fenders as well I believe. I just want to have halos and projectors without it looking like ****

I did just plasti-dip all of my badges and grill so I'm almost blacked out. I want to tint my headlights and fogs

In all honesty I love the mountaineer front end. I'm opposite, I would prefer to do the switch to a mountaineer.

In all honesty I love the mountaineer front end. I'm opposite, I would prefer to do the switch to a mountaineer.

I just don't like the headlights. I just bought hids though so I'll see how they look tonight

I just don't like the headlights. I just bought hids though so I'll see how they look tonight
Post up pictures! I want to see !

Well my HIDs are a no-go. One of the lows wasn't working when I installed but I did change out my puddle lamps and side markers to leds. Are the hids supposed to run really hot?

Well my HIDs are a no-go. One of the lows wasn't working when I installed but I did change out my puddle lamps and side markers to leds. Are the hids supposed to run really hot?
They run much hotter. Which is why a lot of people end up melting their lenses

They run much hotter. Which is why a lot of people end up melting their lenses

So what options are there to upgrade lighting? I've seen some LEDs recently

So what options are there to upgrade lighting? I've seen some LEDs recently
LED is always a good option. It needs to be the correct lighting though . You'll blind everyone on the road if not done correctly.

I did 55w 8k HID's in all 4 of my lights.... I also thought I had a messed up bulb but the after market pigtail could be plugged in both ways and HID's dont work with polarities swapped .... 3+ months in a no melting .... and just did a 4hr night drive coming back from vacation

only downside is the warm up they need until they reach full output but i dont mind waiting 60 seconds

led's also dont get hot enough to melt ice off of your headlights so if you live in a colder climate location you may not like them at all in winter

I did 55w 8k HID's in all 4 of my lights.... I also thought I had a messed up bulb but the after market pigtail could be plugged in both ways and HID's dont work with polarities swapped .... 3+ months in a no melting .... and just did a 4hr night drive coming back from vacation

only downside is the warm up they need until they reach full output but i dont mind waiting 60 seconds

led's also dont get hot enough to melt ice off of your headlights so if you live in a colder climate location you may not like them at all in winter

What brand did you purchase?

box does not list a brand, it just says hid headlights..... price was around $20 for the H10 and H13's...... I dont mind cheap as long as they work and $40 was a winner in my book

Back