• Register Today It's free!

Fuel Composition Sensor Question

ajderka

Reaction score
City, State
Helena, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Ranger 2.5L 5spd
I have a 2000 ranger 3.0, and my check engine light went on. I took it in to have the computer scanned, and it was the fuel composition sensor that was out. I know i dont actually need it except for my emissions test. Is there a way to trick the computer into thinking that i have a functioning one?

btw I'm a completely broke college student:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is the very first time I have heard about this sensor. It is on a flex fuel truck, correct? I looked one up on rockauto.com. :eek: $752.79 :eek:

Okay, so after temporarily fixing my truck, the stupid flex fuel sensor has completely burned out, literally. All the wires going into it are melted for some reason and the part is done for. I took (towed) it into the dealership to have it confirmed, and my worst fears were right, there is no getting around buying a new sensor.

My question is, though, is there a way, at all, to bypass this useless $800 thing?

The PCM has it ingrained in its memory that the truck has this, and finding an exact match PCM just without flex fuel is basically impossible.

any hints???

Back