1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuel rail pressure sensor A circuit high input

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Swamp Fox, October 31, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

City, State:
      Pee Dee Region - SC
      Year and Model:
      '04 XLT 4WD K-flex 4.0 V6
      Would really appreciate a little experience on this one guys. My wife was on the way home in our '04 Ex K-flex V6 and a service soon light came up. She told me the guy at Advance read that it was - "Fuel rail pressure sensorA circuit high input". Now she went to the local Ford dealership and they told her it was an indicator that the fuel pump was on the way out. I'm a little wary that they may just be fishing for the most expensive repair but it could be true. Someone else said they replaced the sensor and then later the fuel pump went out. So is there a voice of experience here who has dealt with this and can give sound advice. The last thing I want is my wife to be stranded somewhere but on the other hand the repair was quoted almost $700. Help! Thanks in advance.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

City, State:
      Pee Dee Region - SC
      Year and Model:
    4. chopperb

chopperb Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      Year and Model:
      04 explorer
      Fuel rail pressure sensor is bad common on 4.0L It is located on the fuel rail under the driver side of the intake manifold.

5. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

City, State:
      Pee Dee Region - SC
      Year and Model:
      Thanks for the info. Just wondered if there is the possibility the fuel pump may indeed may be on the way out. The truck runs great though. Just don't want a failure to happen while on the road in a bad area.

6. chopperb

chopperb Member

City, State:
      Chicago
      Year and Model:
      04 explorer
      Fuel pumps just stop working. There is no real way that I know of to see if they are on their way out.

7. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Active Member

City, State:
      Pee Dee Region - SC
      Year and Model:
      Thought so. It sounded like the dealership pumping for the most expensive repair.