Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fun Trail for stock rides in Butte/Plumas county

Discussion in 'Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion' started by Polardogg, January 8, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Polardogg

Polardogg New Member

City, State:
      California
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1994 and 98 explorers
      about 27 miles northeast outta Oroville,CA is a small town called Pulga,(there are cabins/campgrounds to rent, and good trout fishing) there is a road named 4 trees road across the hwy from town, its not a hard trail but there are a few spots where you need to go into 4 wheel, anything wider than an Explorer not advised, it is a narrow old fire trail with washouts and dead falls(which do get moved ) does get slippery when all the leaves are wet on the ground, it comes out on top @ Coyote Gap, there are signs marking where each trail goes, I took French Creek, (that should taken me back towards Oroville) sadly there is a bridge over french creek but fortunately there is not one over little french creek(good solid bottom, but can be a challenge with a a lot rain, just past the creek, the way out turns up a road that has been washed out, with serious ruts, i could not make the climb in my A\T tires, very slippy in the rain (maybe if it were completely dry and with a heavy foot or with M/Ts, i would have made it straddling the ruts. i will explore more of the area trying to find better trails to try

Google Maps

Google Maps

• Like Like x 1
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.