1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Fuse box in engine compartment

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by lynnbortka, January 18, 2009.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lynnbortka

lynnbortka New Member

City, State:
      Katy, Texas
      Year and Model:
      2000 xlt?
      I'm new to this site. My daughter is out of town with her 2000 explorer and her driver's door will not lock, with a key or the keypad or with the lock lever, etc. We'd like to disable the car so it will not start until we can arrange to get her car fixed.

My thought is to have her go to the fuse box in the engine compartment and pull one of the "silver box-shaped fuses" in the fuse box. Any better ideas? Can you tell me where to tell her the box is located? Can you tell me which "fuse" to pull to disable the car?

I'm not sure I can get back to this site. Can you also respond to my email at lynnbortka@gmail.com? thank you!!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Jd0gg919

Jd0gg919 Active Member

City, State:
      Willow Spring, NC
      Year and Model:
      '96 XLT
      You could find the relay that's for the fuel pump. That would keep the vehicle from starting I believe.

4. Cobraguy

Cobraguy Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Phoenix...Greatest City on Earth
      Year and Model:
      1995 EB & 1999 EB 5.0
      That is an excellent idea.