Glass Cleaning Tip | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Glass Cleaning Tip

I found this one on another thread and it works for me so I'd thought I'd share. Make your own glass cleaner by mixing equal parts of:
1: Bottled Water
2: Denatured Alcohol
3: White Distilled Vinegar

I used newspaper to clean the outside of the windows, on the inside I use plain paper towels without design.
I don't want any ink from the newspaper or towels with designs to transfer onto my gray trim. I'm probably going over board with not using paper towels with print
since they are supposedly consumer safe, maybe that's one of the reasons my wife calls me Felix Unger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what proportions?

What proportions? Equal.
To simplify matters for you use a 8 oz measuring cup and pour 8 oz of each of the 3 ingredients into a container. If thats enough for you stop there.
If you want more just keep pouring 8 ozs of the 3 ingredients into the container until you feel you have enough. Remember it is not the quantity you make, just always use the same amount for each, whether it be 2 0zs of each, or 20 Ozs, just mix equal parts of each.
I hope I was able to help you understand.

Never mind i think im just a moron. I didnt read it close enough to see the part that says EQUAL PARTS
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My mom uses that, works great :D Only thing is the smell that lasts a little while...

OK89

No your not a moron, lately I've been having some senior moments myself, almost drank the denatured alcohol.

Back