and gain access to Reviews and Discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modifications and Events, Street Truck Mods and Events, and much more! Since 1996 our community has covered every aspect of the Ford Explorer, Ford Ranger and all vehicles based on this platform.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Goodbye Unemployment!!!

Discussion in 'Job Hunt / Relocation' started by reapereviltwin, February 9, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Elite Explorer

Year and Model:
      07 Camry
      Sounds like a thorough place- that's cool. Are you still psyched? We're getting a Gecko, maybe we'll wait and you can drop it off... :D

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. reapereviltwin

reapereviltwin Keep on wheelin John Rock Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      It seems to be, and I am still psyched ( or just psycho). That would be a cool delivery, Joe!!!

Day 4:

8am, arrived for trailer training, training simple but informative, controls of the A/C's, heater, etc. Completed at 9am. Dot physical at 11. Went to breakfeast and washed Silverado.

11am, DOT physical, I have to get perscription glasses before I renew my D/L.

1145 am, returned to office, asked if I could take a load to Florida.

I leave at 4pm for a run to Florida!!!! (no store stops, just taking a load of critters to the sister company in Florida)

Return Saturday and then leave Sunday for my run training!!!!!

4. Scott B.

Scott B. Well-Known Member

City, State:
      GA
      Year and Model:
      '93 Ranger XLT, 06 FX4 L2
      Hey Mike,

I just saw this. Congrats!

If you're ever in northern Georgia, feel free to stop by.

5. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Thanks Scott, if I make to Georgia, I'll give ya a holler and mayber we can have a cup of coffee!!!

Training run:

Left the critter farm at around 5pm Sunday, drove to Lubbeck, waited overnight and made one deliverly and then to Armillio (sp), made two deliverlies and then to Co. for deliveries all over the place it seemed. Did not go to the west side of the Rockies due to weather and vehicle acting up.
      We did a fuel filter and altnator change in a HD parking lot.
      Job has a lot of driving and a lot of stops, but it is fun.
      Got back to the critter farm at around 230 am Friday morning, and got everything done by 3:30'

Sunday I leave for my first solo run in Texas and Ok!!!!!

6. Twiztid

Twiztid Active Member

City, State:
      Springfield, Mo.
      Year and Model:
      88 ranger 96 ex 5.0 2wd
      Congrats Mike, hope it all works out for the best. :ttiwwp:eek:f the mouse sexing tests :D

7. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Thanks Steve, I think the photos of the test would require a zoom lens and be posted in the "hump day" thread!!!!

8. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      The training fun to Colorado went smooth, except for the damn snow that hit while we were there, ah well.

I then did my first solo run in Texas and OK.

I got to meet up with Russell (NICE59FORDF100) in his hometown of Edmund and have a cup of coffee with him!! It was great seeing ya Russell and thanks for the cup of joe!!!

Today: on to Ohio!!!!!

9. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Finally getting around to posting a few pics,

From the Texas/Ok run, got to hove coffee with this crazy fellow!!! Thanks for meeting for coffee Russell!!!!

[​IMG]

Pretty sure this is a B52, took these near OK City, not sure of the airbase name.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on to Ohio, was able to run with my Bro Robert for part of the way,

[​IMG]

Going over the Mississippi at Memphis

[​IMG]

kinda looks like he's trying a Dukes of Hazzard move here

[​IMG]

And man did I finally get me some!!!!!

Wait for it

Hang on

[​IMG]

Get yer minds out of the gutter folks!!!!!

10. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Ohio run completed!!!!!

Left Saturday evening, got to run part of the route with my Bro easmc. He got a good laugh, we pulled into a weigh station, he got the green arrow to go straight thru, and I got pulled over to the scales!! He was in his 18 wheeler with a trailer and I was in a 1 ton Dodge with a 30 ft gooseneck! At Nashville we split, I went up I65 and he keep going east on I40.
      Made it to Florence, Ky Sunday night and spent the night there for my first deliverly for Monday morning. Woke up to snow on Monday, damn I hate that stuff.

Well, did the Cinncinnati, Dayton area and then moved on to the Columbus area, the difference in drivers was something else, the Cinccinnati area drivers were friendly and courtous, in the Columbus area it was like, "damn the torpedos, full steam ahead"!!!!

Saw this in some town in Ohio:

[​IMG]

Then through out Ohio to towns and cities I don't remember. But I do remember a young lady at the store I delived to in Canton, OH, she was a very a sweet young woman who loved her job working with animals, and she has a bubbly personility.

The people I meet traveling thu Ohio were very nice and friendly, my belive in humanity is returning. At a small cafe in a shopping mall, I went into it just to see if I could get a cup of coffee to go, when I went to pay for it I was told, "we aren't charging you for the coffee, thanks for your service to our country". ( I was wearing my Gulf War Veteran cap). I wish I could remember the name of the town and cafe.

My last stop in Ohio was in Sandusky, I got there 10 minutes before closing time, too late to make the deliverly, so I went in and asked what time I could deliver in the morning, 830 was the answer, so I asked if it was OK if I parked in their parking lot overnight, got permission, and on the way out, was asked if I could make the deliverly now instead of waiting, I said "YES", so they stayed open for me for around 15 extra minutes so I could keep on moving.

Then to some little place called Lipsic or something like that to pick up rabbits, I thought Texas had back roads and a lot of nothing, I could of sworn I heard banjo music going on. Got the rabbits the next morning and then to Fort Wayne, Ind for my last three stops, they went without a hitch and then headed back home around noon Thursday, got home Friday night to a crap load of rain!!!

Next week, the Tx/ OK run again!!!

11. Blee1099

Blee1099 Evil Asian Moderator Emeritus EF Vendor

City, State:
      Elkridge, MD
      Year and Model:
      where's the pic where he got the wave thru at the scales and you were told to pull over :p:

12. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      LOL, that would of been a good one, but I was cussing and I'm sure he was laughing!!!!

13. BigRondo

BigRondo USMC 1371 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Worcester, MA
      Year and Model:
      2002 XLT V6 4x4
      Awesome Mike. I'm glad things are working out for you!

14. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Thank you, Sir!!!!! :salute:

This chapter was a little different, got to work Monday to make the run, loaded my stuff into the rig assigned to the route I was on, went into the office to get the paperwork, got reassigned routes. Come to find out the driver that was suppose to take the route I was assigned came into work, went into the office and told them he was going home instead. Don't know the reason, did hear that he went into the office and quit because he didn't like the truck he as assigned for the run, but I don't know the actual reason or if he did up and quit.

Transferred my stuff to the different truck, and got on my happy way to Lufkin, spent the night there and then on to Houston for two days, damn I hate Houston traffic, but got done actually on schdule, then headed to Victoria.
      (To my EF friends in the Houston and Victoria area, sorry I did not contact you while there, but I was busting ass to keep up with schdule and my hours were from 7am to 8pm)

After Victoria I was suppose to pick up some critters to take back to the critter farm here, but the person who I was to get them from did not want to take 10 minutes at 8 at night to do the transfer and I had to wait til the next morning, this put me behind almost 2.5 to 3 hours because now I can't leave for Corpus Christi (my next stop) until the next morning instead of being there when they opened.
      After picking up the critters the next morning, made my run to Corpus, Brownsville, and McAllen ( and some stores in between I can't remember the towns), after McAllen is San Antonio, I was hoping I could make at least one store in San Antonio that day, but with a travel time of 4+ hours and it was just 5pm when leaving McAllen, no way was it happening, so I just took my happy time, stopping for a shower and meal along the way.
      Got to San Antonio aroune 10:15, noticed the rear window was broken, never heard it along the way.
      Friday morning in San Antonio went like clockwork, started at 7am and was done with San Antonio by 9:10 (4 stores) all stores were ready and went like clockwork.
      Next stop, Austin, Cedar Park and then Killeen, got done by 4pm with all stores and then home.
      Office called me when in Austin and asked if I could take a run out Saturday, yep, that is what I get paid for.
      Next Run, Michigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave at 3pm

BTW: the paychecks are nice

15. wood1

wood1 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      North of Edmonton
      Year and Model:
      '93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
      Nice to read your updates. Quite a unique opportunity to meet forum members all over the place! How about pics of the trucks you are running?

16. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Thank you, sir!!! I hope to get to meet more members on the road when time allows. I'll get a couple of pics of the p/u's and trailers on this run and post them. I can't post pics of the inside tho, company policy. ( PETA is a thorn) That is why we have to lock the trailers at certian locations.

17. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Here's a pic of the one I am on the Mich run with, you can see the main generator and the back up generator under the sleeper berth. I was to meet Jesse (rickybobby) in Kalamzoo, but the timing didn't work out.

[​IMG]

And here it is after being towed in!!! Dropped a drive shaft, sitting in Tecumseh, Mi waiting for a spare.

[​IMG]

Big kudo's to Neil's towing from Tecumseh, they have been great helping me out.

:salute:

Last edited: March 22, 2012
    18. gmanpaint

gmanpaint Torsion Bar Free Elite Explorer

City, State:
      STL MO
      Year and Model:
      94 XLT-95 FX4
    19. cybergasm

cybergasm B

City, State:
      Humboldt Ks
      Year and Model:
      1997 Mountaineer 5.0
      ahhhh Welcome to the Transporter's World :D

20. wood1

wood1 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      North of Edmonton
      Year and Model:
      '93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
      Generators are for the air con in the trailer to keep the critters cool?

21. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Yepper, was making good time until heard a bang and metal dragging!!!!

LOL, I figured you would get a kick out of it Dave! ( and Bro is proably laughing:D)

Yepper, gotta keep them critters comfy!!!

22. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      Turns out it is the tranny that locked up. The shop in Texas is sending another tranny up with my load for next week, so will get to start my run (Ohio run) from here in Michigan!!!

The folks here are just amazing. Neill's automotive have been just excellant in helping me out to get from the shop to the motel. And now I got a car for the weekend, for FREE!!!

Going up to Dearborn tomorrow to see the Henry Ford Mus. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      WOW!! Been a crazy couple of weeks, had another vehicle brought up to me in Michigan, then did and Ohio run starting from Michigan, then returned home just in time to get another run thru Ok, and today off again!!
      I got to keep my camera handy, seeing a hell of a lot of wonderful sights and need to get pics.

On the move a hell of a lot and no such thing as a weekend, but damn this sure bets the hell out of working on copiers and unemployment!!!

24. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      saw this near Sanger, Texas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't know if anyone was hurt.

25. Heath

Heath Elite Moderator Intoxicator Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Rigby, ID
      Year and Model:
      00 Excursion (THE BUS)
      Yikes...

26. reapereviltwin

City, State:
      Jonesboro, Tx
      Year and Model:
      '92 Explorer
      My last run was a combo of two runs, this time I was in the Chicago area, and I flat do not want to ever be on that run again, pulling a 30 foot gooseneck thru Chicago flat out sucks. I do not understand how people can live so close to each other.

I was actually driving with my lights off because I could see so well with all the lights I didn't realize they were off.
      Trying to find a parking spot on Canal really sucks. I ended up in front of a fire hydrant and I knew police had to be around because there was a Dunkin' Donut shop there. (sorry to our LEO's, but I had to say that) No ticket tho, when I left the city and got on the Interstate I got to wind the truck up to almost 10mph!!! :D

But I have to say, at every store the folks were friendly, and when I had an area blocked on Lincoln Ave, when they asked me to move for another rig, it was with tact and friendly.

Back to Ok this week!! ( I think I was just there for some reason!!)