1. for access to reviews and discussion of the 2016 and 2017 Ford Explorer, Tech Tips, How to Articles, Off-Road Modification, Events, and more!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15

Discussion in 'Ford Explorer - Ranger Tires & Wheels' started by fordkevin, March 24, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. fordkevin

fordkevin New Member

City, State:
      Gladstone oregon
      Year and Model:
      1997 ford explorer xlt
      Whats up u all im geting a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Radial Tire P235/75R15
      for my 1997 ford explorer 4x4 stock ill let u know how they do off road and on road ..... p.s any one know the cheapest way to lift my explorer please i want it higher

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Slowy

Slowy Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      Year and Model:
      98 5.0L 2wd Mounty
      Check out the modified (your year) explorer section. 3"body lift is $170 shipped. 2" shackles are about $70 and a torsion twist is free

4. Willard

Willard Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Bloomington, Indiana
      Year and Model:
      04 Ranger Edge
      I had those tires on my explorer, they lasted about 20k if that. They are terrible tires, didn't wear evenly, and when I replaced them all 4 had multiple broken bands. Couldn't drive on the highway with fear of a tire blowing out or the whole vehicle shaking apart. One of the front tires wouldn't hold air for the last week or so I had it, either. I had to air it up every time I went somewhere.

So I'm telling you right now, don't buy them. They are not worth the cheap price they put on them. Terrible tires, and traction wasn't that great either.

5. Slowy

Slowy Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      Year and Model:
      98 5.0L 2wd Mounty
      What tires would you recommend then?

6. sport97

sport97 Elite Procrastinator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      connellsville pa
      Year and Model:
      1997 sport SOHC 4.0
      My parents have them on their Bravada in the same size. They are loud and ride rough, i swear the steering wheel vibrates from them. No clue on mileage as the mechanic slapped them on there for inspection in December. Only thing I like so far is they are good in the snow. The bravada made it around good, even with the Smarttrak awd being broken. Hell it took me 25 minutes to determine it didn't work.

7. DsN

DsN Member

City, State:
      Pennsylvania
      Year and Model:
      '11 Expedition EL Ltd
      I had them on my 1992 Explorer years ago. Mine didn't wear evenly either despite religiously rotating them. I couldn't really tell you how many miles were on them but I had to ditch them because they started breaking down at the sidewalls. Hopefully they've improved them since then.

8. fordkevin

fordkevin New Member

City, State:
      Gladstone oregon
      Year and Model:
      1997 ford explorer xlt
      well this is the 2end set so far 11miles on them so far i might go up to goat this weakend to test them my dad got them for me but im geting winter tires also whin i get the cash any other cheap ways to lift it i only want to lift it about 2inchs

9. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      Year and Model:
      2000 XLS
      I just got these installed yesterday on my truck. It actually rides better now than it did before. Getting it aligned tomorrow. But definately rides softer than before. Very smooth so far.