• Register Today It's free!

GPS hope

rescue_31

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I was doing some research today on the fords parts website. it looks as though the GPS components are identical parts from the non-nav to the nav systems, the 201A and the 202A,/ limited.
Part no 10E893 Appears on both the xlt, and limited.

This proves that there is not a hardware difference, but a software difference.

So there is still hope that we might be able to get the nav system unlocked / loaded at the dealer.

Just thought i would share my findings.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was wondering the same. I have a XLT non-nav, and the Sync Services feature allow me to navigate to destinations. It downloads the route using my phone and then disconnects it, but guides me all the way. I think all that's missing from non-nav are the actual maps data and presentation software.

There is actually a bit more than just the maps. The nav versions have sirius travel link, that gives weather and stuff on an overlay map.

The non-nav system does have a two way gps transmitter, because it does locate your position via gps coordinates, and uses the gps for the turn by turn directions downloaded via phone.

I have noticed that all the hardware is identical. And when you pull the nav card out of one with it, it defaults to the same info screen we have with non-nav.

Also if you look at the info for you sync system, it lists the nav as an option, just doesnt have a serial number / version info for it.

Im pretty close with the service guys at my dealer, when i take it in im going to ask if they would be willing to install the software that has the nav. Because the way i understand it, its installed at the factory, or at the dealer, since a few people have orderd nav and it hasnt worked, and the dealer installs it.

I will report back when i find more info.

You will also need to get an SD card with the nav info loaded on to it. What about warrany ,would this have any bearing on voiding the MFT warranty ,since it was not a factory install,but sort of grey market.

You can buy the cards directly from ford. There is a part number and everything. And its not really grey market. Typically anything that is approved dealer install, being an approved and liscened ford dealer, is covered under factory warranty.

Just as my roush supercharger and stuff was installed by the dearer on my f-150, it was all covered under factory warranty.

Back