Great Ford Dealerships | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Great Ford Dealerships

Koons Ford of Silver Spring, MD. Very professional dealership. Friendly people. Best salesman there is Woody and the two service guys I like to go to the most are David Ledger and Harvey Vaughn.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Muzi Ford. Needham, MA. Bought 6 vehicles from them, and they do ALL of my service. Sales and Service can't be beat

Town and country ford in Charlotte. It's a big dealer but had a very positive experience. The best dealer I've ever delt with was scenic ford in mt. Airy NC. This is a small family run dealer but they were awesome. Personally introduced me to the owner, sales and service manager. Sent a Christmas card for three years after the original sale. I'll be back ther with my next purchase.

Sun State Ford in Orlando. A great family owned dealership who takes great care of their customers. I always deal with Ian who is the Sales Manager and he simply is the best. He is always friendly and gives me the best deal possible every time.

The service department is the excellent also, not that I have to spent too much time there. Special thanks to Brad my Service Manager and Paul my service writer who take such good care of me and all my friends that go there.

If you live in the Central Florida area, Sun State Ford is the place you need to go for sales or service :thumbsup: .

Don Vance Ford - Marshfield, MO.

Very positive experience! Was referred by others who also had positive experience...! Would HIGHLY recommend! They were eager for my business--by-passed local Ford dealer and drove about 30 miles farther because Don Vance wanted my business!

Acadiana Ford, Kaplan La.

They are a small town Ford dealership that sells mostly trucks. I know of people that have drove all the way from Dallas Texas just to buy a truck from this dealership. Great people to deal with and the service dept is top notch.:thumbsup:

Mullinax Ford in West Palm Beach. I bought my Explorer Sport there and it was the best car buying experience I've ever had.
Mark Folds was my sales person. He was great! Can't recommend Mullinax and Mark enough.

Holman Ford in Maple Shade, NJ. Jay McGill is a great salesman, and their service department is top notch.

Unbelievable Dealership Service Experience

Jerry's Leesburg Ford in Leesburg, VA. My service advisor, who has been great, is Tim.

First, my apologies for writing a book here, but I think it’s important to share my recent dealership experience.

I purchased my 2011 Ford Explorer XLT in February with 24,000. Since owning my Ex, I’ve noticed a few issues here and there, but the one I just couldn’t live with was the transmission bump when driving at slower speeds. The bump, or should I say BANG, was as if someone had just rear ended me. In fact, the first thing I’d do is look to see who just hit me!

Along with the transmission issue, I also had the tin roof noise when it rained, the infamous buzzing noise coming from the passenger side A-pillar and the front brake squeals when stopping at slower speeds. All of these issues I found to be TBS’s on this site.

As I’m quickly approaching the end of my 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty (I have 35,550 miles as I type this) I also noticed that my driver side door armrest had a 2” tear in the molding seam. With the advice from blwnsmoke, along with the other issues I’ve noticed over the past seven months, I decided it was time to take my Ex into the dealership to have all of the issues tended to... hopefully under warranty.

For many reasons, I decided to not take my vehicle back to the dealership from which I purchased my Explorer. That’s another story into itself. I decided to take my Ex to Jerry’s Leesburg Ford in Leesburg, VA. Even though the dealership was quite a bit out of my way, I decided to give them a try. After reading all of the dealership horror stories here on the forums, my expectations were very low.

I dropped my vehicle off on the Friday before Labor Day weekend. They had it for a day and told me to come get it because they needed to get approval for the driver side armrest and they also needed to order the parts for all of the TSB issues. So far so good, but my expectations were still low in that Ford wouldn’t approve the armrest and Ford would find a reason to make me pay for something on some sort of technicality. I picked-up my Ex that Friday afternoon, and while getting my keys, my service advisor, Tim, told me that Ford had approved the door panel. Whew… one down, four items to go! My expectations were met!

I received a call a week later indicating that all of the parts were in and they scheduled my service for this past Wednesday. Tim advised he’d call me later in the afternoon as to when I could come pick-up my Explorer. Sure enough, Tim called at 3:30. He advised that the transmission issue was going to take more time than had been anticipated and that they’d need my Ex for another day. Just before I could get out my sigh, as my wheels were turning as to what I was going to do for work the next day, Tim asked if I needed a rental car for Thursday. I said yes as I couldn’t take another day off from work. In a matter of minutes he had arranged a rental car with Enterprise and told me I could pick-up at my convenience. To my amazement, they paid 100% for the rental car. My expectations were exceeded!

I received a call from Tim at 4:00 on Thursday afternoon indicating that my Ex was ready for pick-up. Being that work a good distance from the dealership, and with our wonderful D.C. traffic, I wasn’t sure if I would have enough time to drop off the rental car and make it to the dealership before they closed. I expressed my concerns to Tim and he responded “Don’t worry about it. Come straight here and we’ll arrange Enterprise to come here and pick-up the car.” Once again, my expectations were exceeded!
I went to the service desk and Tim pointed me straight to the payment desk lady. I thought to myself, “Here we go… something has got to go wrong here! How much is this going to cost me?” The very nice lady handed me my paperwork and keys and said there was no charge as everything was covered under warranty. She then pulled out the Enterprise book and logged my rental car mileage and took my keys.

I received my car and off I went to test out the newly fixed items. First off, I checked the driver side armrest… perfect… good as new! I then checked the brakes… no brake squealing as I stopped before pulling onto the highway. I pulled out onto the highway and the transmission was smoother than I have ever felt. The sped up to 70 MPH’s to check the A-pillar, and no buzzing. Like clockwork, it started to rain and no tin noise coming from the roof. Finding everything has been fixed, once again, my expectations were exceeded.

To further blow my mind, when I pulled my Ex into the garage and had a look at my front brakes, I was shocked to find brand new rotors, calibers and pads… new EVERYTHING... I couldn’t believe my eyes!

Really? Could it be that easy and be this good of an experience? Yup, it was! Jerry’s Leesburg Ford certainly met and exceeded my expectations during the entire transaction. With my expectations being low as a result of reading the horror stories on here, and in a time when good customer service is hard to find these days, I must say that it’s great to see a dealership, and Ford, who is really trying to offer great customer service!

Again, my apologies for writing a book here, but I felt it important to write about a positive experience with my Ford Explorer and a Ford dealership!

TSB’s performed:
TSB 12-2-7 – Tin roof noise
TSB 12-9-3 – Buzzing noise from passenger side A-pillar
TSB 11-10-29 – Squealing noise from front brakes at slower speeds
TSB 11-12-1 – Harsh bump from transmission at slower speeds

Glad everything worked out so well for you. There are many good dealerships out there and when you find one, stick with them. I've had very good luck with Autofair Ford (Manchester, NH).. I bring both my diesel truck and Ex there and deal with only 1 service advisor. There are several dealerships that are closer but I go out of my way to go there because they have yet to fail me.

My latest this week I had a rental and all Enterprise had was a Fiat 500. Being the ESP covers $30 per day, that was basically my choice but I told them that won't work with a 7month pregnant wife and my 3year old in a car seat. With a quick phone call to my service advisor, they approved the upgrade and were eating the price difference to a Rav4 (what a simplistic POS).

They are doing 2 TSB's that they can't even duplicate because it is very intermit ant but they know that I'm being honest with them and since it's documented as a known issue, they are taking care of it for me.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but if anyone wanted to start a bad dealer thread, I'm all over it!

I don't want to hijack the thread, but if anyone wanted to start a bad dealer thread, I'm all over it!

...and I guarantee all the exact dealers listed above will have other customers that will swear they are the worst dealers in the world. Can't please everyone but I'm sure Ford has statistics that do measure dealer complaints and has them all ranked in order.

With all due respect, this message board is riddled with negative feedback. Perhaps we can leave this one thread as a positive one? ;)

I agree with both of the above posts!

Varsity Ford College Station Texas. See Keith Foust. No nonsense deals straight shooter!

Edited Nov 17, 2013

Just bought our second vehicle from Keith, great deal and experience!

Southwest Ford - Weatherford, TX

I purchased my vehicle from this outstanding dealership and wish I lived close enough to have all of my service done there. They are a stand-up, first class dealership, one that I think others I've visited should be modeled after. Every person I dealt with there from sales to service to accessories were fantastic. I only wish the dealership in my town were 1/10th as excellent as Southwest. There should be a worst Ford dealership thread!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Drew Ford - La Mesa, CA

My 2014 Explorer is the second vehicle purchased here. Jeannine Medico was great in helping us decide on which model and what accessories where right for us. Ivan Green in the service department has been great to work with when having service preformed.

Drew Ford is also a supporter of many charities around San Diego County.

Back