Grille Replacement - 2016 / 2017 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grille Replacement - 2016 / 2017 Explorer

koldrid

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer - XLT
I have seem a few threads on Grille replacements but they seem to be on all 2011-2015 Explorers. Looking at photos they 2016 - 2017 look different. Does anyone know if this process is different between the years and if it is has anyone been able to find documentation on the removal process.

Thanks,
Kyle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Kyle.:wave:
I don't think anyone has done a replacement on the 2016 or 2017 models. Apparently they are not interchangeable with the pre 2016 models as some have asked that question.

Peter

Whelp looks like I will be doing this on the fly. I have a 2017 Sport Grille coming in this week. I should be able to take some photos and post the process.

Yeaaaa, that was a pretty difficult and time consuming task but its complete.

Ah, I wanna see the end result and how-to!

I might throw a new grille on come spring, not sure yet, though.

I will write up the directions. Here is a photo just after I put the bumper back on. Its not fully secured at this point.

1MH3KsF.jpg

That works really well with the white. Congratulations and nice work!

I'm guessing the directions will not be coming any time soon.;)

Peter

Interesting bump, because I actually did perform my own mod recently along this vein... but the blacked out pieces came from eBay, and just snapped in:
IMG_1612.JPG

Interesting bump, because I actually did perform my own mod recently along this vein... but the blacked out pieces came from eBay, and just snapped in: View attachment 157828
I’ve seen those on eBay and have wondered if anyone had taken the leap of faith and tried them out. What do you think of them? Will they hold up over time? How secure do they feel?

I like the chrome accenting, so I'll probably keep the handles.

Honestly I didn't think I'd get much for the price ($99) but they're surprisingly well made and don't feel like they'll ever come off. Very high strength "snap" right onto the grille. I run through an automatic car wash with wickedly strong air dryers, never had an issue and I don't think I ever will.

Back