gumby's ebay find | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

gumby's ebay find

and so it begins....
i am currently on my 5th ranger. with the addition of my second child this year, my family has out grown pick-ups for daily transportation.
the ranger is being dismantled to try and recoup some of my mod money, and i am gonna start buildin this.

gonna take a lil road trip to pick it up the first weekend of october, then the fun starts.

rough plans have been layed out

suspension/brakes:
ranger torsion bars and leafs
bilstien shocks
12" front rotor upgrade
17" wheels with 275/55/17 tires

interior:
full length console
sport trac gauges

drivetrain:
manual tranny conversion
4.10's
torquemonster headers
undecided catback
undecided CAI
plenum spacer
1.7 roller rockers
undecided camshaft

lemme know what you think. im a lil bit of a 5.0 n00b so ill be absorbin as much info from you guys as possbile. spent most of my hotrod engine money on 2.3Ts. im not lookin for super fast from the mounty(thats what the tbird is for), but respectable would be nice.

opinions accepted :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

update time!

i put a roush airbox on the truck a few weeks back. it is nice, and got me a pretty consistent 1mpg gain.
7c9c3696.jpg

34e5b786.jpg

i had to mod it to fit the larger MAF housing on my 5.0
no installed pics, but it looks like everyone elses roush airbox :p:
012ddc1d.jpg

039feb29.jpg

and since no one seems interested in buyin it, i may as well keep moddin.....installed a set of 12" front brakes today.

knuckles from an 04 ranger
b81fbb3d.jpg

rotor differences, 12" on the left
2f1cdb98.jpg

72ba8d0d.jpg

knuckle difference, 12" behind
df3af55b.jpg

and the before/after
b1c9baa4.jpg

0e344733.jpg

not a ZOMFG difference, but definitely noticeable and well worth it on a 4000lb truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was going to go with 12" brakes first...but the fab work on my 1st Gen would have been the same for 12" or 13"...so I just went with 13" Cobra's....

You'll love the upgraded brakes...I'm suprised they (Ford) waited so long to offer a bigger brake on the Explorer...

Ryan

For the 12" brakes is all thats needed are the knuckles and rotors? And what trucks are the correct knuckles on, for a 4wd explorer?

Are those rims how they come from American Racing or were they custom powder-coated? I ask because they are the spittin' image of mine:

3143701_4_full.jpg

he got them powdercoated

Back