• Register Today It's free!

Hands free liftgate

2015 Xplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Murfreesboro, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer XLT
Anyone know if hands free liftgate sensors can be added on 2015 Explorer XLT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm also wondering if it can be added to the '15 sport.

me 2

I'm not sure if I even have this feature. Just bought a pre owned 13 limited. It has power lift gate. Maybe it has it.

that would be awesome

I'm not sure if I even have this feature. Just bought a pre owned 13 limited. It has power lift gate. Maybe it has it.
The power liftgates are not the 'hands free' type. It will be available on the 2016 models except for the Base.
Peter

So is it possible to add the lift gate sensor to 2015 and older Explorer's?

So is it possible to add the lift gate sensor to 2015 and older Explorer's?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Long time for your first post.;) I don't believe this question has come up here before. I'm not sure if the required wiring is in place on the pre 2016 models.

Peter

Question still remains. Can we add the hands free sensor to existing wiring harness on 2015 explorer sport or any other with power lift gate ? What part numbers would the sensors and additional wiring be?
It can’t be to tough to splice that in if we can get parts and info.

Same question here for my 15 with power lift gate and proximity remote. Can I add hands free sensor?

Welcome to the Forum Andy.:wave:
Found this; Sensor - Ford (GB5Z-14F680-A) | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake
Wasn't able to pin down the wiring harness.

Peter

Here's some pictures of it from Fordparts. The wiring looks like it needs to plug into something module-ish, unless the sensor just works as a basic circuit trigger for the lift gate button, so it closes the circuit on detection. Then the wiring would be simpler I'm thinking...
121072.jpg

121071.jpg

121073.jpg

Edit: Selecting a car showed me an addition wiring diagram:

T5loykh.jpg

Back