Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Have Super Coupe want 2008 Explorer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chdonley, July 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. chdonley

chdonley New Member

City, State:
      pilot hill, ca
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1963 studebaker Avanti
      I need a replacement DD. 08 Ex would be good for what I do. Not necessarily 4x4 tho. 100k mi.ish. What should I be aware of about this vehicle?? Some things I can wrench, others not so much, A friend just asked me to replace the alt. on her 05 Escape. after reviewing the procedure I declined. That kind of stuff.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Tech By Trade

Tech By Trade Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Your mom's house
      07 Sport Trac
      V6 is a ticking time bomb, the 5 speed transmission is as well. The V8 07 and early 08 can have the spark plugs that break off in the heads, and be pretty much guarantee that the exhaust manifold bolts will break off in the heads of the v8 along with the exhaust manifolds cracking. Other then that the V8 is pretty solid. 6 speed on the V8 is pretty decent as well.

4. chdonley

chdonley New Member

City, State:
      pilot hill, ca
      1963 studebaker Avanti
      How can I know early from late 08's VIN's?mfgr date location? or should I just look at 09's?