Header panel and turn signal replacent | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Header panel and turn signal replacent

Yerfdog79

Reaction score
City, State
Bishopville, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Limited
Does anyone have an idea on where I can get the inserts or grommets that go into the header panel to accept the studs from the turn signal assemblies. My current header panel is cracked and a couple of the holes have the grommets "melted" into the panel and some of the studs have thick, black stuff on them. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

About $22 for the header panel at Rockauto. Might get the grommets in help section of local auto store.

I have a replacement. Didn't come with anyhting in the holes. Having it painted at the moment. I will check Napa today. They usually have a good selection. If they don't, do you think maybe finding rubber grommets with a slightly smaller hole than the diameter of the studs would work?

The grommet is Part # HM1 $6.50 and it is called a grommet. If you go thru Ford have them look at exterior lighting - turn signal assembly part # N81169-S Hope this helps. You might also try Lowes I seem to remember grommets in their specilized hardware section.

Yup. Looks like gonna be a trip to the ford dealer. Tried the Help! grommet kit. Had to get three packs to get six the correct size. Works ok if you never have to take them back out. Half of them fell out in the process of getting the assemblies in correctly. Thanks for all the help!:thumbsup:

you listed the wrong part number its # N811169-S

Back