1. for access to Ford Explorer and Ranger owner generated reviews and discussion, tech tips, how to articles, off-road modifications, events, and more! Since 1996 we have been the #1 Ford Explorer resource on the Internet. We also cover the Explorer Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer, Lincoln Navigator, Mazda Navajo, Mazda Pickups, and the Aerostar.

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Headlight adjustment

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2017 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by jimnan, May 12, 2012.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. jimnan

jimnan New Member

City, State:
      Denver
      Year and Model:
      2011 Ltd
      I am trying to find the phillips head adjusting screw to adjust the headlights on my '11 limited. The owner's manual (p.81) is vague about its location and I can't find anything that accomodates a phillips screwdriver as called for by the manual.

The dealer has adjusted twice - once way too high and then way too low. I guess I need ot do it myself.

Thanks for the help.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 a year

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, add your own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. briteboy

briteboy Active Member

Year and Model:
      2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
      I ask the dealer where it was, and they offered to check it when I was there for another issue. turned out they were fine.

But I will admit, they do take some getting used to. Far brighter than other cars I've had.

Here's a link for a You Tube video where a guy adjusted his new F-250 headlites. I know the X is different, but I'll bet the adjustment assembly is the same or close to the same. Skip to about 2:00 minutes into the video to view the adjustment process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ehpw_8qfs

Call the service mgr and ask him where it's located, and if it is the same as the you tube video.

Good luck.

If you decide to do it, make your own You Tube video and post it here so we can all benefit.

Thanx:usa:

Last edited: May 12, 2012