Heated seat switch.

cjah2oskier

Reaction score
City, State
Chester, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 EB
Has anyone replaced the seat heater switch in 03 EB. Can't turn the heater off

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bummer on the '03 as there is a mid model change for the heated seats, no idea when the switch over was made.

They started with a Heated Seats Module (black box under seat) to control the heated seats, if you have one that would be my first guess.

Half-way through they dropped the module all together, and only use a switch, and heaters no module, switch here seems common.

I have an '04 Eddie Bauer with the same problem. If I push the button in the light on the display goes off but as soon as I release the button the heated seats indicator lights stays on. How do I test the switches and module mentioned above?

Remove the seat to get closer to the switch, disconnect switch & perform a simple continuity test. Push in & you should have cont. Let go & it should show open.

I'm in the process of wiring mine so it will start to heat when I remote start the truck. What I never liked about my heated seats is that they only heat to a point, then switch off without coming back on. Guess this is normal for explorers, but not other heated seat systems.

Heated switch part number

Anyone know the part number for this heated seat switch for the 2002-2006 Mercury Mountaineers? Thanks.

Back