Heater producing enough heat?

msams89

Reaction score
City, State
Cincinnati, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT, '07 XLT ironman
Hi,

I just picked up my '07 Explorer last Friday. I must say this is a nice vehicle. I do have to remark on the heater. When I have it set to blow only on my feet, it feels as if it is hardly coming out. Is this correct?

As I recall, my '04 Explorer could chase you out of there. The new one won't.

TIA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My V-6 generates heat very quickly and it gets plenty hot. With the temps here around -5 it will be fully warmed up in less than 5 minutes.

However, if it is set to "floor only" it seems rather weak. But the center dash vents will get plenty hot.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the center vents a shot this morning.

Mine is a V8 by the way. I don't think that should matter too much.

Heat on floor

I have an 2006 w/V8, and I have noticed the same thing - not enough heat on floor when just set to floor

Here, too. I notice I also have to crank the temp dial to at least 12:00.

I have also noticed the same thing. I think the problem is that unlike other cars I've owned the heat is coming from further down the side of the center console, and not from vents closer to the firewall where your feet normally are. My wife in the passenger seat will generally keep her feet closer to the car seat, and complains that it gets very hot.

...I think the problem is that unlike other cars I've owned the heat is coming from further down the side of the center console, and not from vents closer to the firewall where your feet normally are...

That is exactly what I think too! Also, the dash vents closest to the doors are kind of weak for some reason.

Has anyone else with the automatic climate control noticed that after the cabin is in the set temperature range the lower console (floor) vents continue to blow warm air softly but the window defrost vents blow ice cold air ? This is pretty annoying as your arm starts to freeze ! I wasn't sure if this was a design thing or if I have something wrong going on.

Steve

I used to have weak heat or air out of the center console going to the back. My wife and daughter was either never getting enough heat or cold.When working on my truck and pulled the console and noticed the foam they used to but up two pieces of ducting shrunk pretty good and moved. So I was loosing air into the center console. I stuffed all the open seams with rolled up napkins (what I had at moment) and air out the back is great. Maybe this could be the same issue??? I know its a new truck maybe the something is loose and air is escaping someplace else.

my half cent...

I used to have weak heat or air out of the center console going to the back. My wife and daughter was either never getting enough heat or cold.When working on my truck and pulled the console and noticed the foam they used to but up two pieces of ducting shrunk pretty good and moved. So I was loosing air into the center console. I stuffed all the open seams with rolled up napkins (what I had at moment) and air out the back is great. Maybe this could be the same issue??? I know its a new truck maybe the something is loose and air is escaping someplace else.

my half cent...

In my case I don't think this is the issue. The air is definitely coming from the system (blows harder when the fan speed is increased) and the air is warm before the truck is warmed up inside. It almost acts as if there's an additional blend door just for the defrost vents.

Steve

Back