• Register Today It's free!

**HELP** engine swap

aws720

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Eddie
yQFmhG
zjwEGC

Ok so I have a 2002 Ford Explorer that I had to swap my motor in, 4.6 v8, we found one and pulled it out of a 2000 grand marquis, we put it in hooked everything up and I bought a new intake becusee my old one for my explorer was cracked. Bolted it down correctly and the back of it leaks so we siliconed it up pretty good so it stopped leaking, it has slowly began to leak again so I took it off 3 different times and now it's peeing out the back end of the intake on the passenger side but not the driver. So I done some research and looked up a few things and noticed that although my car calls for a Romeo engine and the grand marquis had the Romeo engine code on the vin as well I don't think I have the right engine, so I needed up having to order a 96-04 mustang GT intake with PI heads. Becusee that's the only one that would take the flat molded gaskets which is what mine needs and the only one that has a gasket that seals off the hole on the back side of the head on passenger side where the leaking is coming from, part want be here till tomorrow, but while I got the intake off and everything cleaned up I'm trying to figure out if I have a GT engine? Or just GT heads or either of that at all. Please some on give me something. I'll post some pics

The Dorman is what I ordered first and it kept leaking

The next one you will see if the 04 GT intake with PI heads

Back