Help! I want to lift my truck! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! I want to lift my truck!

Is there a part number on the bars or box? You can contact Spyder.com and have them email you installation instructions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can tell you right now those mounting brackets are completely wrong. There is a bevel (angle) in the rocker panel section ours are flat mine have a 4x4 or 5x5 inch flat plate with four holes three which are use then the arm and the curved part that matches the radius of the bar. I had aftermarket bars and now wider boards

Can tell you right now those mounting brackets are completely wrong. There is a bevel (angle) in the rocker panel section ours are flat mine have a 4x4 or 5x5 inch flat plate with four holes three which are use then the arm and the curved part that matches the radius of the bar. I had aftermarket bars and now wider boards

I literally got these for Christmas about a year and a half ago. I don't even know if the company still makes them :/

Is buying tires from craiglist a bad idea?

Buying tires off Craigslist stupid??

Is buying tires off Craigslist a bad idea? How long will 40% tread last me?

Not a bad idea if you know a little about tires look on the side see when it was made do they have weather cracks are they only missing 40 % or are they a different size etc. If they are off rim check for patches ripped beads feel insides for any thing pokey

As longs as you know what you're looking for it can be pretty cheap. I got 1 brand new and spare with 80% tread bfg all terrain for $100. Like already said mostly look for the date on them and for weathering on the sides and in between the treads or for chunking.

Is buying tires from craiglist a bad idea?

That is an incredibly situation dependent question...do you know anything about tires? If you feel comfortable enough to look at them and gauge wear on the tread, then yeah it's probably okay to buy tires off craigslist. If you can't tell the difference between a worn set, a semi-worn set, and a new set, then no...I would not buy tires off craigslist.

When in doubt remember the old adage..."You get what you pay for" and "If it's too good to be true it probably isn't"

That is an incredibly situation dependent question...do you know anything about tires? If you feel comfortable enough to look at them and gauge wear on the tread, then yeah it's probably okay to buy tires off craigslist. If you can't tell the difference between a worn set, a semi-worn set, and a new set, then no...I would not buy tires off craigslist.

When in doubt remember the old adage..."You get what you pay for" and "If it's too good to be true it probably isn't"

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/pts/4202201358.html

What do you think

Ask anyone, I'm like the CL deal finder. For that size and price I'd get them (they'll last you a year til you can save up to get new tires). Same thing I did with mine. I would ask him what's the lowest price he would go on them, point out the cupping on the inside of the tread and uneven wear due to bad camber, they're about /14 tread but still good to get by (I wouldn't do any muddin' in them).

Here's mine after the body lift with a set of BFG 285's for $180...

picture.php

picture.php

I ran them for a year and and half then sold them for $180.

Ask anyone, I'm like the CL deal finder. For that size and price I'd get them (they'll last you a year til you can save up to get new tires). Same thing I did with mine. I would ask him what's the lowest price he would go on them, point out the cupping on the inside of the tread and uneven wear due to bad camber, they're about /14 tread but still good to get by (I wouldn't do any muddin' in them).

Here's mine after the body lift with a set of BFG 285's for $180...

picture.php

picture.php

I ran them for a year and and half then sold them for $180.

Ok cool thanks for the help! Yours is the black ST?

Yeah, that was back in 2010 I think at Carlisle All Truck National's, the red one was the only other ST there but was bone stock. Here's what my ST looks like now, it's gona through alot of stages to get here.

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

I responded to the other thread about this, I'd get them to have the tire size you want with the lift just to get by for a year or so

In the pics, it appears like there is cracking in the tread area, between the tread blocks. Take a closer look at that before you purchase them. Cracking like in the sample pic below.

attachment.jpg

Image courtesy of http:/ /www.e46fanatics.com

Yeah, that was back in 2010 I think at Carlisle All Truck National's, the red one was the only other ST there but was bone stock. Here's what my ST looks like now, it's gona through alot of stages to get here.

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3977.jpg

I love your trac! :) but I think i'm gonna go with those tires. I'm just nervous haha but it will save me a lot of money! I just would hate to spend money and it blow or something. I don't trust craigslist that well. I just wish i could find a lift kit on CL

is that even possible?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the pics, it appears like there is cracking in the tread area, between the tread blocks. Take a closer look at that before you purchase them. Cracking like in the sample pic below.

attachment.jpg

Image courtesy of http:/ /www.e46fanatics.com

If there is a little cracking should i not get them at all?

Back