Help! I want to lift my truck! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! I want to lift my truck!

Depending on what your budget is right now you can usaully find a set of 33x12x15 on wheels dirt cheap (most common size used on Jeep's and Ford's and they share the same bolt pattern wheel "5x4.5 or 5x114.3").

285's are one of the hardest tire size to get cheap because of the size and most newer truck's not being able to fit samller then a 16" wheel on them.

How do i search that on craigslist?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

305's will fit but you'll definetly need wheel spacers and alot more trimming.

Just look for jeep wheels and tires or Ranger wheels and tires. I'll look around for you in your regions CL to see what I can find and link ads I find. There's dozens of deals up here in my area but that doesn't help you.

305's will fit but you'll definetly need wheel spacers and alot more trimming.

Just look for jeep wheels and tires or Ranger wheels and tires. I'll look around for you in your regions CL to see what I can find and link ads I find. There's dozens of deals up here in my area but that doesn't help you.

Thank you so much! It's literally impossible down here in those sizes

I wasn't sure if those tires I found would still be available. Honestly if you're gonna spend that much on tires then get new.

Those tires are good but too big for the 16x7 factory wheels, they equal to a 35x12.50x16, You would need atleast a 8-9" wide wheel.

Have you searched the local/ regional offroad forum/ club sites? used and new wheels and tires are always for sale on them.

Also check out the Florida group section, they just had a meet over in St. Petersburg. Having other members around helps out alot with working on rigs, wheelin', meets, deals, etc...

I'll keep searching for you, how far is your travel range?

I wasn't sure if those tires I found would still be available. Honestly if you're gonna spend that much on tires then get new.

Those tires are good but too big for the 16x7 factory wheels, they equal to a 35x12.50x16, You would need atleast a 8-9" wide wheel.

Have you searched the local/ regional offroad forum/ club sites? used and new wheels and tires are always for sale on them.

Also check out the Florida group section, they just had a meet over in St. Petersburg. Having other members around helps out alot with working on rigs, wheelin', meets, deals, etc...

I'll keep searching for you, how far is your travel range?

Ok! So if I got those which I doubt I will now but if I did I'd need new wheels?

But no I haven't searched those. I have never heard of them. Where can I find all of those sections?

Travel range is about 2 hours

Whats the smallest size you want and biggest. Then search all sizes in between i found some nice tires in my area this way took tons of time but found many possible candidates once you find a good xandidate. Go to an online tire store and find out how much they are new then deduct for tread loss

Whats the smallest size you want and biggest. Then search all sizes in between i found some nice tires in my area this way took tons of time but found many possible candidates once you find a good xandidate. Go to an online tire store and find out how much they are new then deduct for tread loss

285's the smallest I wanna go I don't know about bigger but that's a good idea. I'm gonna try that

32s or 33 would be max for a 2 inch but if you are doing the other lift to then 35s would be max i would look for

I thought they convertes to 325s i have tires that are wore to 33s and are 315s so im not to sure

Can I do a 2" TT and shackles with my stock wheels on there or should I wait to get my tires?

It'll look better with the TT and shackles. I say go ahead and do them first and save for new tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back