Help! I want to lift my truck! | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! I want to lift my truck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes but you can save a couple bucks buy ordering them from Tellico4x4... linked here. This is where most of us get our's.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/shopping_cart.php

Also search in the for sale section, there usually someone selling an set on there really cheap. I've sold a couple sets over the years for around $40-60 shipped.

Yes but you can save a couple bucks buy ordering them from Tellico4x4... linked here. This is where most of us get our's.

http://www.tellico4x4.com/shopping_cart.php

Also search in the for sale section, there usually someone selling an set on there really cheap. I've sold a couple sets over the years for around $40-60 shipped.

Perfect! Thank you! I'm painting my clad dings and bumper tomorrow. Can't wait to post pics :)

If you have a drill press and a metal store near by you can make some cheaper mine were free

The shackles I'm about to order say 1.5-2inch how do I get them to be the full 2" ? I saw the write up but I don't think it said anything about that. When I install them will it be the full 2"?

The 1.5-2" all depends on how good your leafsprings are, the more arch they have the more lift you'll get from the shackles.

I got shackles from ebay that were pretty hefty. I went with the 1.5 inch ones and got them for $45. They have true 2 inch ones though for a couple bucks more, might try those.

The 1.5-2" all depends on how good your leafsprings are, the more arch they have the more lift you'll get from the shackles.

image.jpg

Mine don't seem to have much of an arch :/

I got shackles from ebay that were pretty hefty. I went with the 1.5 inch ones and got them for $45. They have true 2 inch ones though for a couple bucks more, might try those.

Do I need to get ones specially made for explorer ST

Do I need to get ones specially made for explorer ST

I'm pretty sure they're all the same since the warrior ones are the same for the sport trac and 4 dr or 2 dr explorers.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same since the warrior ones are the same for the sport trac and 4 dr or 2 dr explorers.

Mine is 2wd and I'm doing a 3" TT how do I get the rear to be level t 3"?

I think a combination of the aal and shackles would give you close to matching to the front. Mine is a 03 sport 2wd and I have the front TT and the rear with aal and shackles and I'm sitting about 3/4 of an inch higher in the front, but I only got the 1.5 inch lift shackles off ebay. I'm running 265/75/16 and am sitting at about 38 inches from floor to top of wheel well in the front and 37 point something in the back if I remember correctly

I think a combination of the aal and shackles would give you close to matching to the front. Mine is a 03 sport 2wd and I have the front TT and the rear with aal and shackles and I'm sitting about 3/4 of an inch higher in the front, but I only got the 1.5 inch lift shackles off ebay. I'm running 265/75/16 and am sitting at about 38 inches from floor to top of wheel well in the front and 37 point something in the back if I remember correctly

Do you have a picture?

Yeah check out my registry, i got a bunch of pics on there showing the different stages. Shows from when I first got the 265/75/16 at stock ride height, then with only aal and tt, then with shackles and little bit more a torsion twist. The last post on page shows mine compared to a stock st. To me, now with the higher lift the tires look a little too small to me, and wanna get bigger ones, maybe 285, but thats a long time from now because I just spent a lot on these a couple months ago.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366638&page=3

I found some 2" shackles at auto zone. I don't do any off roaming. Would these work??

You don't want to use the shackles from a parts store, there's no center crossmember in them for stability. Not very stable or safe. They are more for muscle cars, not trucks.

You don't want to use the shackles from a parts store, there's no center crossmember in them for stability. Not very stable or safe. They are more for muscle cars, not trucks.

Ohhh ok I get it!!

So someone contacted me in my area knowing I was looking for a set of tires. The first set is all terrains 285/75r16 for 250$ set of 4

image-1.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

Then he has some 35x12.50x16.5
Bfg all terrains

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

Those are for 350$ wheels included.

Either of these good deals?

I might pay $150 tops for the first set but that's it. The second set is bald and you'll have to get new wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might pay $150 tops for the first set but that's it. The second set is bald and you'll have to get new wheels.

I am about to order these. I just want to make sure they are correct so I don't have to return them

Back