Help me with buying a chip

Afboy143

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tampa,FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
I was looking into apten chips a while ago but seeing as they went out of business I need help

I have cold air intake and flowmaster dual exhaust

I want to get a chip that maybe you can switch from 93 to 87 for when I am getting broke and need to save money. How much am I looking into spending? Who should I buy from? How much power am I looking at getting?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are two popular choices here.

I would reccomend BamaChips

look for a banner ad somewhere around here

^^^ Knows his stuff

look into bamachips or hypnotic illusions

If you want not only a great product, but excellent customer service, contact Doug Studdard at Bama Chips - http://www.bamachips.com/

You will not find a more knowledgeable person about our motors.

i said bama or hypnotic as they are both site sponsors, make an infromed decision as to which is better and why, there are several threads here... i will not say who i think is better becasue they are both site sponsors and i dont own either one.. i will say however if you search on the 2 the one who you might find better might stick out more easily, and appears to be the more talked about user on this site

As you can see in my sig, I have a flasher from HypIllauto.com (Wayne). I have been very happy with his program and his customer support. I talked with him for about an hour on the phone when I made my purchase. He is a great guy. I know, from what I have heard, that Doug is as well. I may see how well doug programs for the 5.0 :) . Both these guys know what they are doing and you cant go wrong with either.

Back