Help!!! No start after new TPS/2008 Explorer 4.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help!!! No start after new TPS/2008 Explorer 4.0

08EddieCA

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 & 03 X (Eddie B & XLS)
Hello,

I replaced the TPS and cleaned the throttle body and fixed the cracked wires within the harness leading to the TPS. I have spark. New battery. Changed the oil a few days ago.

I pulled two plugs, fuel smell. No Wrench in display. Volt meter test on battery and new alternator are very strong.

When I start the car, it will crank for a while (no spark during this cranking time (have test light then I will have a spark) then catch and run for about 4 seconds. I'm trying to run the relearn process but I can't get it to run for more than 4 seconds. Everything else works - radio - lights, etc.

All accessories are off.

Plugs are new. Air filter is new. Replaced distributor. Wires are a month old. Starter is strong.

I'm stumped. Truck is very well maintained. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled codes - P061F - internal Control Module Actuator Control
P2104 - Throttle Actuator Control System - forced idle
P2111 - Throttle Actuator Control System - stuck open

I ended up purchasing a new Throttle Body and a wire harness. Hope this works. Truck is dead at the moment.

Does the learning process simply involve letting the idle until the idle smooths out and the ending meets normal operating temperature?

Back