• Register Today It's free!

Help wiring electric fan

tycoonmonsoon

Reaction score
City, State
Winchester,KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer EB
Hey all! I have a 94 sport ex. I deleted ac and clutch fan. I purchased a demotor 16"electric fan kit with thermostat. For the record I am not a master at wiring. That being said the kit has the relay fuse and circuit breaker. I have everything mounted where I want but I'm having trouble. I'm not wiring an override switch or anything. Someone please draw me the simplest crayon picture for the nubeist nube ever.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have to find an ignition key controlled wire which is usually a yellow wire. Red wires are usually alive all of the time, and not just when they are turned to the accessory position. The fan, fuse, and thermostatic switch should be in series. The chassis is a negative ground. Black wires are usually the ground wire. An electronic controller is not in series. It will have separate input & output wiring. When an electronic controller has a built in relay, it will require an ignition controlled wire for the module, and a constant power wire for the fan relay. The constant wiring will be a heavier gauge than the ignition wiring on that control module.

There is no controller. 4 wires. Blue from fan to relay. Black wire with extra eyelet. Red wire with fuse. And white wire all connected to to relay. With the thermostat and circuit breaker. I appreciate your response so much but can you draw a simple schematic with my wire colors so I can fully understand.

Thank you for the link. My brother was helping me map it out as well. It is very informative. I'll post my results when I'm done.

Should be 2 wires on the tstat...Switched key on power goes to one side of the tstat wire,the other wire from tstat goes to white wire on relay..

Red goes to constant power

Black on relay goes to ground.

Blue goes to fan positive,black on fan goes to ground..

Back