Help with light bar switch install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with light bar switch install

Hey all. Just ordered a 22" light bar to install under the grill between the grill and number cover (the open a lot with nothing in it). Anyways, I want a factory look to my led light at switch install. I'm wondering if the false switch in between my two heated seat switches can be replaced with an active switch in witch I can wire to my light bar. I don't want any aftermarket switches inside the vehicle at all. Going for a clean factory look. I have a 2010 Eddie Bauer 4x4. I'll snap a pic of what I'm wanting to replace with an active switch and post it. Thanks for any and all help

I'm pointing at the "false switch" I want to replace with a functioning switch to control my light bar.

D569C5C2-F056-4B1C-83AA-4878CBC8ED66.jpg

What would that blank be if it weren't a blank? Would it be an on/off switch of some type? Or a momentary button?

You could replace that blank with whatever Ford would have otherwise put there, but, the icon on it would not have a sensible icon for a lightbar. It would also have to be a toggle type switch, and not a momentary, unless you want to go down the rabbit hole of things like latching relays and the like.

That's the switch position for heated mirrors (if equipped)

Back