Help with P0720 code trans problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help with P0720 code trans problem

Fly727

Reaction score
City, State
Tavares, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sport trac
Hello, I’m not new here, but forgot password and have a new email. So i had to create new account. i tried searching all over the net about this problem but no answer for my problem.

my transmission just lost the ability to go into 3-5 gears and reverse. OD light flashing and getting a P0720 and 0722 code. Replaced the Output speed sensor, reset the codes, disconnected the neg battery cable. Problem still there. If I shift into 2nd gear and turn off the OD and drive until up to 3000 RPM and then shift into drive, it will go into the higher gear. I then turn the OD back on and the trans will go into the 4-5 gears. When I come to a stop, I have to start moving again in 1-2 gears and manually go through the process again. Reverse is almost nonexistent no matter what I do.

I have googled many topics on this, but beyond replacing sensor and checking for bad wiring, they lead me no where. Anyone else have this issue? If so, where you able to fix it without a Transmission replacement? Thx for any help.

Rick

Back