• Register Today It's free!

help with tranny........

bench720

Reaction score
City, State
md
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
91 explorer ...My front trans seal went out 2 weeks ago. I changed and drove for 1 week (1000) miles without any problems..Yesterday it started taking longer than normal to shift into drive....Reverse and everything else works great, but tonight it took 2 or 3 minutes to go into drive...but drove fine......Any ideas?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not good .. are you keeping on top of your fluid level ? need to be checking it at least everyday and most likely adding some if your seal is indead leaking

I changed the seal last week....its no longer leaking...i am guesing its the modulater. I am going to run a vac. line from the manifold and see it that helps.

Well i changed the modulator, and still the same.....It takes 2 or 3 minutes to go into drive. After that it runs and shifts great.....any ideas???

THERE IS a guy on here his name is glacier991.. [he is a god like person with expert info.] if you type his name into the search area above at top middel of page, his helpings will be listed in masses but if you take a minute or two and go over some of them i know you will find the help you need. i have myself read at least 2 posts with the same problems you are explaining so i know it will be in there. sorry i couldnt be of more assistance however the wrong info on these forumes can lead to major head aches for the allready troubled..if you know what i am saying.

Back